9. A Meeting at the Hogs Head Inn

☆————————————☆

☆————————————☆

THE NEXT MONTH AT HOGWARTS was by far the worst that Victoria had ever experienced and it didn't feel much like home anymore. Umbridge had taken over the school, using her new role as 'High Inquisitor' - which Victoria thought was an absolute load of shit - to control the school. She'd been interrupting all of the students' lessons, questioning all the teachers and writing down notes on a clipboard. Victoria more often than not wanted to throw the clip board into the Black Lake.

The young Slytherin sat in the common room by the fire alone, reading quietly. All the other girls had gone to bed and it was peaceful for a change, which Victoria liked.

The door opened and Draco walked in. He spotted her reading and sat on the couch across from her. Victoria saw him out the corner of her eye and after a long awkward silence, she sighed and closed her book.

"Hello Draco." she said.

"Hi Tori. How've you been?" he asked.

Victoria shrugged. "Well apart from getting a scar on my hand from detention and putting up with Umbridge's bull, peachy." she said and Draco chuckled.

"How's your mum?" Victoria asked.

"She's alright. Still bummed that you don't live with us anymore but she's accepted that you aren't hers to look after. Father, he's still his usual self."

"Sirius told me all about my mother. That's where I went after I left the Manor. To my mother's old home."

"What was she like?" Draco asked and the brunette shrugged.

"From what I heard she was wonderful. Sirius said she was talented and was a prefect in their fifth year. She was training to become an Auror before she...died." Victoria said softly and absentmindedly played with the locket that had been around her neck ever since she opened it.

"I'm sorry you never got to grow up with your parents. I know it must be hard."

"You don't know what it's like. I don't even know what it's like...but thanks."

"I did get to grow up with a mother who loved me, even though I wasn't her daughter. I grew up with a brother who treated me with respect, even when his ego was too large for his own good." Victoria smirked at the boy across from her. "And I grew up knowing that everyone makes mistakes sometimes. Your mother was only doing as mine asked and I could never stay angry at her for that. I forgave her the night I left, I should've forgiven you straight away. It wasn't your fault, you were just protecting me and I appreciate that."

"I will never not treat you as anything other than a sister, even if I don't like who you hang around with." he said and Victoria chuckled.

"Your old spot at our table is still free for whenever you want to come and sit with me."