43. Ron's Departure

DOUBLE UPDATE AHEAD WOOHOO!

☆————————————☆

THE NEXT DAY THE FOUR TEENS WERE ATTEMPTING TO DESTROY THE LOCKET, AND FAILING DRASTICALLY.

"You first." Hermione said.

"Incendio." Harry said and the locket went flying.

Victoria and Ron watched as the two of them fired spells at the locket, but still, nothing happened. A frustrated Harry picked up the locket and put it around his neck.

"What are you doing?" Tori asked.

"We have to keep it safe...until we know how to destroy it." He replied.

"Seems strange, mate. Dumbledore sends you out to find these Horcruxes but doesn't tell you how to destroy them. Doesn't that bother you?" Ron asked.

Harry looked at his best friend as if he'd said something so offensive, walked off without a word and Tori sighed.

This was going to be a lot harder than they thought...

As the day went on, none of them spoke to each other much. Ron was too busy listening to his radio for any news, Harry was too busy in his own head and was ignoring the others, while Hermione was busy trying to make them all feel comfortable. Victoria was writing in her journal, but couldn't focus properly with the noise from Ron's radio.

She locked her journal and went outside to see what the other two were doing. Hermione was down by some bushes gathering some leaves – Victoria assumed it was for the fire, and Harry was laying by the tent, breathing fast.

Usually when that happened, he'd seen inside You-Know-Who's head.

Tori slowly walked over to him. "I thought it stopped...you can't keep letting him in, Harry." She sat down next to him and Hermione came over to them.

"You-Know-Who found Gregorovitch." Harry told them.

"The wand maker?" Hermione asked.

"He wants something that Gregorovitch used to have. I don't know what but he wants it desperately. It's as if his life depends on it." The raven haired boy said.

Ron's radio flickered noisily and Harry flinched frustratedly.

"Don't." Hermione said firmly. "It comforts him."

"It sets my teeth on edge. What's he expecting to hear? Good news?" Harry replied harshly.

"I think he just hopes he doesn't hear bad news." Hermione muttered.

"How long before he can travel?" He asked, standing up.

She didn't reply but Harry shot her a look of frustration. "I'm doing everything I can."