26. Cursed

☆————————————☆

☆————————————☆

THE NEXT MORNING, VICTORIA ACCOMPANIED HERMIONE TO WATCH THE QUIDDITCH TRYOUTS.

"I hope Ron gets Keeper. Cormac is such a creep." Victoria said and Hermione nodded.

"He keeps giving me these looks and it makes me so uncomfortable." she said.

Victoria rolled her eyes in disgust. "Just tell him to bugger off, and if he doesn't...I'll hex him." She said and Hermione laughed.

"Go Ron!" yelled Victoria as the Gryffindor's started practicing.

Ron looked very nervous and Victoria felt bad but didn't envy him. Quidditch was fun to watch but she didn't particularly like the idea of playing it. She watched as Harry scanned the pitch, watching all his teammates playing. Cormac had been doing well so far and Victoria wanted to 'accidentally' knock him off his broom so that Ron could get the position but she knew that'd be cheating. Instead, she just cheered for her friend as he dodged the Quaffle multiple times. Harry saw Victoria watching him and she gave him a reassuring thumbs up. He smiled in return then focused back on the players.

Cormac was getting ready to dodge the Quaffle coming his way and Victoria bit her lip anxiously. She really wanted Ron to get Keeper.

"Confundus." Hermione whispered and Cormac flew sideways. The Quaffle flew straight through the goal and Victoria laughed loudly. Hermione shoved and shushed her.

Victoria smirked. "You're sneaky, Hermione Granger. Very sneaky."

"I don't know what you're talking about." She smirked and Victoria laughed again at her friend.

The crowd cheered as Ron dodged the last shot of the tryouts and Victoria cheered loudly. She rolled her eyes though at Lavender who was sitting in front of the two girls, clapping excitedly.

Victoria joined her friends in the Gryffindor common room later that afternoon and they sat around the fireplace.

Victoria sat in the corner of the couch writing in her journal about what Dumbledore showed her through his memories the night before. Ron was next to her, boasting about his new position as Keeper and Harry and Hermione were reading.

"I have to admit, I thought I was going to miss that last one. I hope Cormac's not taking it too hard." said Ron and Victoria chuckled.

"He'll live I'm sure." she said and Ron shrugged.

"He's got a bit of a thing for you Hermione." the ginger said matter-of-factly.

Hermione rolled her eyes. "He's vile."

"Have you ever heard of the spell Sectumsempra?" Harry asked, completely changing the subject. He appeared to not have even heard what the others were talking about.