28. Quidditch Game Day

☆————————————☆

☆————————————☆

SHE WOKE UP, DIRTY AND HER BODY COVERED IN CRIMSON. She saw fire in the distance, scorching a large field; posts and stands crumbling before her.

She then looked at her surroundings. She was in a courtyard; there were bodies everywhere, all covered in the same crimson colour she was covered in. Everything seemed so familiar, like she'd been here before. She looked up at the building in front of her and let out a gasp.

Hogwarts...

She began to run through the courtyard; past all the bodies lying around her and checking if their faces were any she recognised. Her breathing was heavy and her tears were hot but she just kept running. She stopped when she entered the castle and saw a person standing at the entrance to the Great Hall. She couldn't recognise the person, for they moved too quickly. She followed them and ran all the way to where they were standing.

"Who are you?" She asked.

The person turned around and she let out another gasp.

"You? Why have you come here? Where am I? Why are there so many dead?"

"I've come to warn you. Everyone is in danger. Everyone will die. There is no stopping him. He is too strong. Too powerful and this world will crumble beneath him. Only the ones with the strongest will, the smartest wit, the most cunning mind and the bravest heart will be able to stop him once and for all."

"What are you talking about? Who are you talking about?"

"You know. You've always known."

"No I don't understand. How do I stop this? All of it?"

"You use what you were born with."

"I'm not strong enough. I don't know how to use this power. I'm too weak to fight this battle."

"You are not weak and you know how to use your power. You've done it before. All you need to do is trust yourself and control your mind. When you control it, then it will become your greatest weapon. You, are your greatest weapon."

The person disappeared and she stood there, still unclear of what it meant. She turned back around and ran out to the courtyard. The bodies had somehow shifted; they were now piled on top of each other. She saw a familiar mop of dark hair and ran towards the pile.

There, lying dead was everyone she loved.

She was all alone, staring at the faces of her friends and the bodies of her loved ones that were already dead; all lying there, lifeless and empty.

Just like how she felt.

She stared off into the sky and saw dark clouds, shaped like a skull with a snake coming out of the mouth and she did the only thing she knew how to do.