47. Shell Cottage

☆————————————☆

☆————————————☆

A FEW DAYS HAD PASSED SINCE VICTORIA AND HER FRIENDS ARRIVED AT SHELL COTTAGE. SHE WAS STILL SHAKEN UP AND HAD BEEN RESTING FOR MOST OF THE TIME.

Granted, she couldn't sleep all that well. Every time she closed her eyes, the memory of Bellatrix using the Cruciatus Curse on her would appear, and then the haunting sound of her own scream as the woman etched words into her skin. Instead, she would wake up screaming, and then end up crying herself to sleep.

The words BLOOD TRAITOR, which Bellatrix had etched into Victoria's skin, just above her collar bone, had only just started to fade and every time she looked at it, it made her angry. Hermione was much in the same boat, and the MUDBLOOD scar on her arm was also starting to fade. Harry had spent most of his time either by Dobby's grave or checking up on Victoria. She appreciated this, even if she didn't say it out loud.

Today, Victoria woke up feeling the best she had felt in the few days they'd been at Shell Cottage. She sat up slowly and grabbed her blue bag from the end of the bed, pulling out the pocket watch Dumbledore gave to her.

It was a fascinating object, and she didn't quite know or understand why Dumbledore left it to her. The twelve hands still moved as if a regular clock with two hands would, but the planets moved around the edge of its face. Victoria assumed it could still tell the time, but she wasn't sure how it worked.

Sighing, she closed the watch and placed it back into her bag. She looked out her window and saw Harry sitting by Dobby's grave once again and smiled sadly. She wandered downstairs and greeted Bill and Fleur, then sat down next to Hermione and Ron at the table.

"It's beautiful here." Luna said.

Bill smiled. "It was our aunt's. We used to come here as kids. The Order uses it now as a safe house...what's left of us at least."

"I need to talk to the Goblin." Harry said, entering the room.

Bill led them upstairs and the four friends entered the Goblin - Griphook's room.

"How are you?" Harry asked.

"Alive." Griphook replied.

"You probably don't remember-" Harry began but he cut him off.

"That I showed you to your vault at Gringotts? Even amongst goblins you're famous, Harry Potter."

Harry walked over to the window and leaned against it, while the other three stood by the door.

"You buried the elf..." The goblin said. "And brought me here...you are a very unusual wizard."

Harry didn't reply.

"How did you come by the sword?" Griphook continued.

"It's complicated. Why did Bellatrix Lestrange think it should be in her vault?" Harry asked.