12. Christmas

☆————————————☆

☆————————————☆

CHRISTMAS HAD FINALLY ARRIVED and Twelve Grimmauld Place was for the first time – in perhaps a very long time, filled with joy. Victoria had spent the break with Sirius and loved every minute of it. The two of them were getting closer each day and Victoria really appreciated the time she got to spend with her uncle. Of course, he was also Harry's godfather which meant that Sirius wanted to spend time with him too.

On Christmas morning, Victoria woke up and saw a few presents sitting on top of her trunk at the foot of her bed.

She smiled and opened them up. She didn't really get much for Christmas when she lived at the Malfoy's, not because they couldn't afford it because they definitely could...but they weren't really into the Christmas spirit. Draco and Victoria used to give each other small gifts but she'd never received as much as this. It made her heart full.

First was Hermione's present; a beautiful blue bag with a little card attached to it.

I put an Undetectable Extension Charm on this for you and figured it might come in useful one day. I've got one on my bag and it's great. Merry Christmas! Love Hermione x

The brunette smiled and put the bag aside. Next was from Ron. He'd given her what looked like a photo album. She opened it and there was a little inscription on the first page, followed by a picture of herself, Harry, Ron and Hermione at school. Victoria smiled to herself as she remembered the day they took this and then chuckled when she read Ron's note.

Merry Christmas! Hermione helped me pick the photo album out. She figured you'd like something like this and I didn't really know what to get you. Hope you like it! - Ron.

Victoria then opened the rest of the gifts. Ginny had given her some gloves and a scarf; Neville had sent her some sweets, which was a surprise for Victoria as she didn't expect something from him. He wrote a thank you note with it.

The last present was wrapped so neatly, it looked as though it was done professionally. She unwrapped the gift and inside was a black journal, a pot of ink and a blue quill. There was a note attached to the journal, from Professor Dumbledore.

Dear Miss Gibson,

I hope you find this journal useful and that it comes in handy when you need to write down your thoughts and your wildest dreams. I also thought it would be useful in case you had anymore premonitions or nightmares. I bought the ink and quill especially for this but you can use those for your schoolwork if you wish. The journal will only open to you as I have charmed it so that only you may read what's inside.

I'm sorry I don't have the answers you wish me to give you but when school resumes I will try my best to help you out. In the meantime, enjoy your holidays with Sirius. I know he's been looking forward to spending Christmas with his niece. Happy Holidays!