25. Memories

☆————————————☆

☆————————————☆

DUMBLEDORE STOOD UP AND WALKED OVER TO A TABLE WHERE A BASIN FILLED WITH A LIQUID GAS SAT.

"This is a Pensieve and it shows a person's memories. I often use it when my thoughts are just a little too much for me to handle – I'm sure you understand what that's like." Dumbledore said and Victoria stifled a laugh.

"I'm going to show you the night I met your Aunt, and the day I saw your mother for the last time. If you would please, look into the Pensieve."

Victoria did as he instructed and as soon as her face touched the liquid, she started falling. She landed on her feet with a soft thud and immediately recognised the village of Winddale, only this time it was dark and looked less...alive.

They walked down the street to Gracie's house, which also looked very different from when she visited there only a few weeks ago. Victoria stopped when she saw a much younger looking version of Dumbledore walking up to the front door.

"Is this your memory?" she asked and he nodded.

Victoria watched intently as a younger version of Gracie opened the door. She had brown hair instead of blonde and it was down and messy. She was sweating and appeared to be very anxious. The younger version of Dumbledore just stood there with the same calmly manner he still has now.

"Good evening Miss Gibson, I am very sorry to disturb you at such a late hour, but I have come with some very important information which I think you should know." He said.

"Who are you?" Gracie asked.

"My name is Albus Dumbledore. I'm a friend of Lorelei and Ben's. May I come in?"

Gracie nodded and he walked in. Victoria followed older Dumbledore and they entered the house.

Victoria felt weird looking at Gracie's house when it was dark and less friendly. It didn't have the same warmth to it.

The two stood in the corner of the living room, watching as young Gracie and Dumbledore conversed.

"So,"

"Albus..."

"Right, Albus, what did you need to tell me?"

"I'm afraid your brother and sister-in-law are in severe danger. Their daughter as well."

"They are? What's happened?" Gracie asked nervously, playing with her fingers in her lap.

"It's hard to explain. You're familiar with Lorelei's magical abilities?"

"Yes, I know she's a witch. Ben told me but I don't know a lot about that world. Your...world." Gracie replied quietly.

"I understand. There are people who I believe will be coming after your brother's family very soon. I do not know if they will make it out alive; I am praying so, but I need you to warn them."