5. The Letter

☆————————————☆

☆————————————☆

THE HOLIDAYS WERE COMING TO AN END and Victoria was excited to be heading back to Hogwarts soon. It was like her second home.

Everyone had been less on edge after Harry's hearing the day after he'd arrived. He was released from all charges and was allowed to return to Hogwarts with his friends. Victoria was glad about this, much like everyone else and they celebrated that same night.

Victoria had finally gotten a chance to get to know Sirius and ask him the questions that'd been burning in her mind since she arrived. Today seemed to be meeting free and the brunette was enjoying her Uncle's company as he told her about her mother. They were standing in a drawing room full of tapestry's; one of which displayed the Black family tree.

Victoria stared at it intently, noticing some of the faces had been blasted off the walls. Including her mother's and Sirius's.

"My mother did that after I ran away, I was sixteen." He said, pointing to where his face on the tree once was. "And she did this," he pointed to where Lorelei's was, "after she found out Lorelei was seeing a Muggle." Sirius shook his head.

"So, Walburga...my grandmother, wasn't exactly mother of the year then I take it." Victoria chuckled.

"That's one way of putting it. She considered your mother and I blood-traitor's. I don't think it bothered Lorelei too much, she was far too happy snogging your father and training to become an Auror at the Ministry."

Victoria scrunched her nose up at the snogging remark, but nonetheless smiled at her mother's efforts to do something good coming from the family she did.

"Where did you go, after you ran away?"

"To James and Lily's. They always welcomed me there. It was the only place that felt like home." He said.

"What was she like? My mother."

"Well, Lorelei was very talented, especially at Charms. She was made a Prefect in our fifth year and was very nice to everyone. She was one of the strongest people I ever knew. She stood up for what was right and if anybody insulted someone she cared about, she would defend them without even thinking about it. Something I'm sure you do too." Sirius smiled.

"Did you know much about my father?"

"He was a Muggle, which I take it you already know. Lorelei met Ben in our last year, and was smitten from that moment onwards. So they got married and I'm guessing had you a year later. They got married just before Lily and James did too." He smiled sadly.

"So, even though my mother was in Slytherin, she was friends with Lily and James?" Victoria asked, drinking her tea and Sirius nodded.

"She and I weren't like the rest of our family. Apart from the fact that she was in Slytherin, her and I were the same. We didn't agree with our family's pure blood mania. She also didn't fit in much with her house mates which is why she got along with my friends better." He paused, Victoria took a moment to let the information sink in.