44. Christmas in Godric's Hollow

☆————————————☆

☆————————————☆

AS THE DAYS WENT ON, AND THE TRIO MOVED FROM PLACE TO PLACE - VICTORIA STILL HADN'T FORGOTTEN ABOUT THE THINGS HARRY SAID TO HER THE NIGHT RON LEFT, NOR HAD SHE SPOKEN TO HIM SINCE.

She'd spoken to Hermione more, and she filled Victoria in on all the things she'd figured out in regards to how to destroy the Horcruxes. Hermione also tried to convince her what Harry said was stupid and didn't mean anything but Victoria knew a part of him must've felt that way or else he wouldn't have wanted her to leave. She firmly told Hermione this, and that she wasn't going to speak to him until he apologised.

Tori hadn't mentioned her nightmare to them either, now wasn't the time to say that she possibly found another Horcrux, but they had to go to Hogwarts for that to happen. They were too far away and it just wasn't ideal to mention it now. She'd also been too busy crying to herself to worry about telling her friends about a silly nightmare.

Today, the two girls were sitting outside and Tori was enjoying the cool winter breeze very much. She was writing in her journal, while Hermione was reading her 'Tales of Beetle the Bard' book.

"Do you recognise this symbol?" Hermione asked, showing Tori her book.

The symbol was a black triangle with a straight line and a circle inside it.

Victoria shook her head. "Is it a Rune?"

"No...and it's not anywhere in the Spellmans syllabury."

"That's odd...why put a random symbol in a children's book?" She asked but Hermione shrugged.

"No idea."

Harry came running out of the tent and Tori sighed. "Why don't you ask him."

"Tori, you were right! Snitches have flesh memories."

"Okay..." She said warily with a raised eyebrow.

"I didn't catch the first snitch with my hands...I almost swallowed it." Harry said and handed the snitch to Hermione.

"I open at the close." She said and furrowed her eyebrows.

Harry sat down next to Victoria, who moved away from him slightly. He shot her a confused look and she rolled her eyes.

"What do you think that means?" Harry asked.

"I don't know." Hermione said. "I found something as well..."

"I'll leave you two to it then, let me know if you figure out anything." Victoria said and walked off before Hermione could protest.

"Is she still mad at me?" Harry asked as she disappeared inside the tent.

Hermione sighed. "You told her to leave, and then only told her to stay because she asked you to. I'd be mad at you too, but this is your fight not mine."