16. Dumbledore's Secret Weapon

A/N- posting the last 3 chapters (including this one) of the first half and then ootp is done!

enjoy xx

☆————————————☆

☆————————————☆

"ALOHOMORA" Harry whispered and the door to Professor Umbridge's office opened.

Her chimney was the only one that wasn't under surveillance, which meant it was the only way they could get to the Department of Mysteries. The four friends entered and Victoria cringed at the amount of cats purring and meowing in plates on the walls.

"Alert the Order if you can." Harry said, running over to the fireplace.

"Are you mental? We're going with you." Ron stated.

"It's too dangerous." Harry replied.

"When are you going to get it into your head, we're in this together." Hermione said.

"That you are." Umbridge's voice echoed throughout her office and the four teenagers' heads whipped to face her.

In a matter of seconds, a pair of hands seized Victoria and Draco had pulled her away from the fireplace. His wand was poking her in the back and the other Slytherin's had hold of Neville, Hermione, Luna, Ron and Ginny as well. Harry was sitting in front of Umbridge in an arm chair.

"You were going to Dumbledore weren't you?" Umbridge asked.

"No." Harry said and Umbridge's hand collided with his face making Victoria flinch.

"Liar!" The woman in pink squealed angrily.

Silence filled the room for what felt like forever, but was only a mere few seconds and Professor Snape appeared at the door.

"You sent for me, Headmistress?" He asked, staring at the lot of them with his usual monotonous expression.

"Snape, yes. The time has come for answers, whether he wants to give them to me or not." She demanded. "Have you brought the Veritaserum?"

"I'm afraid you've used up all my stores interrogating students. The last of it on Miss Chang." Snape explained.

Victoria felt a slight bit of guilt for jumping to conclusions about why Cho ratted them out, but she still didn't like the girl much.

"Unless you wish to poison him...and I assure you, I would have the greatest sympathy if you did. I cannot help you." Snape said and turned away.

"He's got Padfoot! He's got Padfoot at the place where it's hidden." Harry yelled after the Professor and he stopped.

"Padfoot? What is Padfoot? Where what is hidden? What is he on about, Snape?" Umbridge asked.

Snape eyed Harry for a moment, then looked at Umbridge. "No idea." he said and walked out of the room.