71.[Perfect Fit♡]

Start from the beginning

'What the-' she thought as she struggled to pull it out.

It was stunning. It dazzled in the sun rays peeking through the gray curtains that hung in the room. Her heart hammered in her chest. Realizing that Jordan must've slipped it on her finger while she was sleeping. Observing it, her eyebrows furrowed, trying to figure out what meaning it held.

"Jordan?" She called out as she stood up from the bed and sauntered towards the door.

No response.

There was rustling in the kitchen but decided to stay inside. She didn't want to confront him about this yet, because she didn't know if she even wanted to know.

Instead, she went to the bathroom to wash her face and brush her teeth.

Afterward, Ava plopped herself back on the bed and covered herself with the sheet.

A few minutes later, the door swung open. He walked in with 2 mugs filled with coffee. Ava didn't notice since she had been studying the ring, twisting it around on her finger. She froze when she saw him, not being able to say a word.

Without thinking too much, she held up her left hand, showing the back of it and spoke.

"What's this?"

Jordan ambled over to her and placed the 2 mugs down on the bedside table.

"Do you like it?" he asked.

" Y-Yeah, it's so pretty, but what's it for?" She answered.

Marriage seemed too much for the young couple but it wasn't like they were not open to the idea.

" A promise ring" he clarified.

"Promise ring? " she repeated.

"Yeah, it's not what you thought it was" he said feeling awkward as sat on the edge of the bed.

"I didn't even think of what it could be" she responded. Her eyes shifted from the ring to him.

"it's not an engagement ring. I know we're too young for that. But a promise ring is just as meaningful" he explained as he reached for her hand and held it.

She waited for him to continue.

"It means I see you in my future"

Jordan admitted and kissed the knuckle in which contained the ring.

"You do?" She asked while tears began to brim in her eyes.

"Yeah I really do" he answered and beamed a grin.

"I know I could have waited a little longer. But after last night, I just had to prove myself " he added.

A wave of guilt washed over her.

"Jordan, I didn't mean to-" she began but was cut off.

"No, don't blame yourself. I love you and I never want you to question it".

She remained silent for a second, trying to think about what to say next.