The Richer Wondering

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

About to turn back to the closet and think over what Gretchen had stated, Oliver paused mid-turn. "What do you want, Oli?" He faced her again, and she stood up tall next to the desk. Her right hand rested on the back of the desk chair, and she quirked a brow at his silence. An amused smirk fell upon her lips. "You must want something other than just being in our group." Well, that was his main objective, but he supposed that there were other things he wouldn't mind on top of that.

He furrowed his brows in thought before his hands slid into the pockets of his jacket. "I guess that I'll figure it out once we get the reward money for the pictures." He shrugged and gave a slight nervous laugh. "I haven't thought about it too much."

Smirk growing, she chuckled a bit and searched the desk some more before she headed over to the bed. "You really did only want to be part of our group." Another entertained laugh parted from her. "That's cute." She placed herself on her knees and checked under the bed. Only dust was there from the looks of it. Gretchen dropped the sheets and got back up before she ran her hands over the bed and checked the sheets further.

Oliver focused back on the closet and moved things around, but there was nothing of interest. Nearly, he jumped. Gretchen chuckled behind him as her right hand patted him on the back in mirth. "Got you." She grinned to him before she signaled him to move. He didn't protest, but he wondered what she was staring at. "Odd. Some of the hangers are empty and mixed among the clothes." Her eyes scanned over it more. "Also, there's an empty space between some of her shoes, and there aren't any heavy coats in here either."

"Maybe, she just didn't have any or enough to use up the hangers or shoe space."

Shaking her head, Gretchen remarked, "I doubt that. Maybe, the first two, but the coat." She raised a brow to him. "Everyone here has a thick coat for winter. They'd be stupid if they didn't." Her foot tapped on the floor. "The parents could've gotten rid of it, but the rest of her room is fine so that makes no sense."

Pointing her left thumb to the bathroom, she practically ordered, "Oli, check the bathroom. I'll keep looking in here." He nodded and entered the space. Gretchen smirked and chuckled mentally. She was tempted to call him a dog for how well he listened. At times, it even looked like he had his tail between his legs. And with him, she was able to get more done, and if things went bad with the creature, she could sacrifice him to it. After all, he already did achieve his goal of being in their group, so his wants were met already.

"Hey, Gretchen!" Oliver whisper-called out to her. "Come here!"

Hurrying over, she entered the bathroom and saw that he was holding up something barely visible in the dimly lit bathroom. She squinted her dark brown optics some more and moved closer. A hair. In fact, a nearly white hair that was short. That was the color of the creature's hair. A grin stretched on her thin lips, and she laughed darkly. "Good work, Oli. We just got our first piece of the creature. Terry's going to love it." Her eyes glanced over the rest of the drawers and cabinets. "Keep looking for more." Gretchen took the hair from him and headed back to the closet; however, she stopped.

Picking up the sound of footsteps, she cursed quietly. They were coming directly for the daughter's room. "Oli, quick!" she whispered-shouted. He poked his head out of the bathroom, confused, before he heard the footsteps as well. Oliver mouthed several curse words and hurried over to her. They didn't have much time to hide, and both of them rushed into the closet before they closed the door quietly behind them.