The Keener Travels

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

As the ride went lower and lower, she still couldn't spot the creature in the park, and it didn't help that her whole view of the area was becoming smaller with time. She folded the map up, knowing her next destination and possible stops along the way. (F/n) finished the rest of her smoothie. If she needed both of her hands for something, now she'd have them. Her heartbeat was steady, but terror remained in her veins. The creature's location was unknown to her, and he could pop out of anywhere.

The ride stopped, and the door to her left opened. She stepped out and hurried off of the metal steps leading up to the wheel. (F/n) discarded her empty drink into recycling and headed towards the lake as she decided not to purchase a hat from the stall still since she remained concerned about the creature noting her purchase. Her optics occasionally stared towards the pines and bushes, watching for any movement within them. None greeted her so far.

Thankfully, there weren't too many individuals with a black hoodie on. Otherwise, the creature would've had an easier time blending in, especially since he was wearing shoes. (F/n) diverted her attention towards the fast-paced roller coaster and grimaced when she saw several people dispose of throw-up bags. She made an excellent decision on not boarding that ride, and it made her stomach turn horribly when saw some people purchase a chili dog before stepping into the line for the ride.

Shifting her eyes away, she paused. Up ahead, there was a figure. All black clothes were on the man, and his hands were in his hoodie's pockets. He was standing in front of the souvenir shop, and his shielded gaze was presumably on a pair of dolls: a prince and princess. His head shifted up before his attention focused on her. A slight grin tugged at his pale lips, and his sunglasses hid his probably gleaming optics. (F/n) felt her heart skip a dreadful beat.

Facing her fully, he started to walk towards her. She took a step back before she turned to her right and headed for the bushes. It was either that or the fence blocking off the nearby lake. There weren't any other people around except for the shop owner, who couldn't see her, either. Her feet didn't stop, and they carried her through the branches as she held up her arms to protect her face from the pine needles. Steps sounded behind her, and branches on the grass snapped.

"(F/n), I just want to ask you a question." His sing-song tone sent a chill up her spine, especially when a giggle parted from him. "It's rude to keep running," he commented, a mock pout forming on his lips. She didn't listen even when his footsteps halted. A sigh left him, and she hoped that he was done and decided to give her another break.

To her horror, she heard branches now snap widely behind her and racing steps. Her heart pounded, and she darted harder through the plants. Up ahead, she saw the main path again. (F/n) pushed her legs more and practically leaped out of the trees to land on the path. She spun around to face the flora and saw that his right hand just was lowering from being lifted up into the air.

(E/c) optics fixed on him as she rested her hands on her knees. A smirk was upon his lips, though; she nearly jumped into the air when another voice hit her ears. "What are you two doing?" a worker with the park asked, clearly irritated that they had been running through the trees.

Looking over, she gave a nervous smile. The creature, however, giggled some apologetically. "Sorry, we won't do it again. We were just playing a game of tag."