...

...

Her scream silenced the room. But not my thoughts. Choice? What reason is there to drive him to this conclusion? What is the risk of being a king?

Bruce:"Sigh... Why?"

...

Aina:"Each king has symbol of his authority, a sword of Damocles. It's a sign of power, but... It degrades over time."

Alex:"The power grows inside the sword until a point where it's unbearable to the user. Their power would run wild... When the sword falls, there's only destruction."

Bruce:"...and that was the case at the time?"

Aina:"Unfortunately. On top of that, killing another king, amplifies the process of degradation, shortening the lifespan. That's why in the end, Alex's father also had to die."

...

So... There was never a grudge? No revenge or accident? Only a stupid system? Then where the hell did Leon's time go by investigating this? Marking potential suspects, interrogations back in Tokyo... All for nothing...

But there is still one more question that needs an answer.

Bruce:"David Creed, he died barely reaching the age of 45, while Leon Mercer reached 55. That means... Who did David kill? Which king?"

...

Aina:"That would be-"

??? :"Your father, right?"

Turning my head, I was met by my brothers, all with a bored expression. The total opposite of what I imagined they would look like when they would find out.

Aina:"... You knew?"

Leon:"Not every single detail, but I made a lot of searching since discovering my other half. It was a matter of time."

Jason:"So... I suppose grandpa felt guilty for what he did and took you as his own daughter."

Aina:"... Yes."

...

Leon:"Can I ask you why you kept this from us?"

Alex:"You were young back then. And since you started to avoid us, there was no way to tell you without one of you snapping, if not all of you."

Scarlett :"I'm sorry you had to put up with such worthless pa-"

Desmond :"Don't even finish it. Sure, you made stupid decisions, but worthless... that's just wrong."

...

I can't imagine Leon will just overlook this. Besides...

Bruce :"What about you, Leon? You sound uninterested. I imagined you'd be angrier."

Leon:"Sigh... You know damn well no one was as eager as me to uncover this truth. Well, until I realized it's well outside what our parents may know."