A tear slips down my cheek because it is so cute my dad already interacting with my baby. "Thanks dad, I love you."

"I love you too. Does Harry know?"

I shake my head. "It's not fair on him to tell him over the phone. I need a couple of days to get my head around this myself and then I'll call him to figure something out. I should go and tell him, right?"

He shrugs. "You know him better than anyone else so that is your call. How do you think he will react?"

"He will be shocked that's for sure. He told me he didn't want to have kids until his thirties because he knows he is away a lot on tour and he doesn't want to be away from them. But the baby is already on the way and I think it will take a while for him to process it but Harry is a great guy and he will want to be apart of the baby's life."

"You'll sort it out kiddo. Just look after yourself. The baby feels everything you do."

I nod. "Yeah, this baby is my number one priority now. Everything else comes after."

He pats the top of my head. "That's good to hear."

I stand up and walk into the bathroom. I stand in front of the mirror and pull my shirt up. My stomach looks slightly bloated but I am 90% sure it's from the food I've eaten. Other than that it is still flat and not noticeable at all.

Tomorrow I will go to the doctors to confirm the pregnancy and find out how far along I am. I get my phone from my bed and walk back into the bathroom. I pull my shirt up again and take a side on picture of my body. I'm going to do weekly photos like this to see how much my stomach grows each week.

This is going to be a very big nine months ahead. Nine months that will change my life forever.

*

It took me four days to go to the doctors and book in for an ultrasound. I went to Melbourne for work and flew straight back home after that. Today I am getting an ultrasound. Because I want to keep this pregnancy hush hush for now, I will only go to Dr Nelson who is a close family friend.

He is one of the best doctors in town and is always busy so the earliest he could fit me in is today. I'm lying on the ultrasound table and he is putting the gel on my stomach. I've had an ultrasound before when I was getting my stomach checked for ovarian cysts so the process is basically the same as that.

The cold green coloured gel that is so light in colour that it is almost clear is cold and still had the same scent as I remember. Mint.

"I'll keep the results close to me and I'll run the x rays. I'll process the results and keep the scan images in my files."

"Thank you, I really appreciate you doing this for me."

"You were always like a daughter to me Hailey. Ryan always cared deeply for you and I know that your parents would do the same for him. I understand how hard it must be for you, everyone wanting to know your business."

"Yeah, if news got out then rumours would start. Only this time the rumour would be true."

He places the device on my stomach and moves it around. At first I only see a blank screen but then Dr Nelson zooms in and that's when a tiny heart beat can be heard.

I gasp as I hear the sound of the strong, beating heart. I look up at Dr Nelson and he is smiling at me. "Congratulations Hailey. You are pregnant. Five weeks and around three to four days I'd say."

"Thank you" I can't wipe the smile off my face and my cheeks are starting to hurt. The tests proved to me that I was pregnant but just hearing professional confirmation from a doctor is even more ensuring.