196

QOTD - Favorite chip?

€ Deanny

Me and Sammy walk into the police station. My hand feels lonely knowing that only if Cas was here, he would be holding it. But no, here I am leading him on like a game if fetch. It's wrong of me, but I'm not ready for a relationship. Especially with him, he's too good.

If I hurt someone I date, then it's whatever, go cry a river. Cas, tho, he's a different story. If I hurt him, I know I won't survive. I know I won't be able to live with myself knowing he's hurting because of my selfish ways. It's a risk I'm not willing or ready to take.

"Sam and Dean Winchester here to see John Winchester." Sam's voice rings through my head.

The receptionist looks at her computer, clicking things. A light snipe forms. "Ah, yes. Have a seat, you will be called back soon."

I nod and go to sit on one of those bendy plastic chairs. Just like middle school. Backaches and broken dreams. 

"Dean?" Sam squeaks. 

I look at him and immediately recognize how he's feeling. Legs squeezed together bouncing up and down-he's anxious. Hands enclosed with each other, his nails digging into his skin-he's also angry. Body shaking and glossy eyes-he's scared too. "Sammy, it's okay. If you want, I will tell them it's too much for you and I will go back alone." I say, although I wish he won't take me up on that offer. I don't think I could even process what was happening if I went back there with dad alone.

"No, Dean. You're not going alone."

"Sam and Dean Winchester?"

Our eyes dart to the man who says our names. "We're ready for you."

I nod and stand, my legs immediately feeling like jello. My stomach doing flips, I can hardly breathe right fucking now.

"Dean! Wait!"

I turn around and see Cas has busted through the doors of the station. "Cas?" I ask as he stands there staring at me.

A second later, he's running to me and wraps his arms around me. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have fought with you this morning. It was wrong, it was definitely the wrong time too. Please forgi-"

I cut him off by putting a finger up. "Why are you here?"

"Do you really think I'm going to let you walk into this alone?" He breathes. "You really are crazy."

I smile halfheartdely and lock our fingers together.

The man clears his throat. "Ready when you are." That obviously means 'hurry your stupid ass up' in real people terms.

I turn back around and we walk to the man. "Ready." My eyes peer down at Cas again, happy he's here.

"So, basically the plan is to get you boys to somehow get your John to confess. If you boys do sozthen he will be convicted of two crimes;assault and abuse;understand?"

"Yes." Sam grips onto my sleeve tightly.

"We're here, all ready to go in?" The man gives us a weak smile. He knows we're dreading this, pity full in his eyes. 

Sammy nods as I gulp, I'm not ready.

"A camera is in there and if anything goes wrong, we will bust in and take you out. I wouldn't worry about that hough, he's cuffed to the metal table and by his ankles. If you boys need to step out, just knock and we will come get you. If he confesses, we will also come get you and shackle him up some more and start the process of the transfer and court case. Ready?"

I give him a pleading look and he nods. "I will give you a few minutes and be back." He walks away to a table full of all coffee needs.

I look at Cas and Sammy, my eyes watering. "I'm not ready, I don't think I can do this. I'm not ready, I'm not re-"

"Dean...Dean, we're right with you. Calm down, okay?" Cas gives me a small reassuring smile.

I swallow the lump in my throat and hesitantly nod.

"I'm scared too, Dean. We need this though, for closure and for the confession to get you justice, to get me justice." Sam hugs me tightly.

I hug back. "I know."

"Got you boys some coffee. We set to go?" The man cheerily says. 

"Yes, sir." Sam says quietly.

"Please, call me Uriel." His bright white teeth shine through his dark skin. "Now let's get you boys in there. Before you go though, I need to ask, who is this?" He motions to Cas.

"The one that saved us." I smile. "The one who saved me."

Uriel shakes Cas' hand and then ours. "Thank you for everything you've done."

Cas smiles and nods.

"And thank all of you for coming here today even though it's not ideal and it's tough. It's very much appreciated."

We nod and he opens the door.

"I'm here, Dean." Cas whispers as my hand tightens incredibly around his. "Your grip is as tight as a woman who is giving birth." He jokes.

I chuckle and walk inside. My father seated, he looks up once he sees us. "Hello, son."

QOTD - Do you think the boys can trick John into confessing?