133

£ Cassy

"Castiel Novak?"

I look up, my heart beginning to race.

"It'll be okay." Dean says, giving me a warm smile and squeezing my hand gently.

I nod, trying return the smile. I stand up and walk to the tiny lady who gives me a smile. Looking back, Dean nods and gives me a thumb up.

"This way, sweetie." She says nicely, closing the door.

I lose sight of Dean and trudge behind her.

"So, who is that?" She asks. "Best friend, brother, boyfriend?"

"Best friend." I say.

"I would've guessed brother." She stops infront of a room. "Here we are."

I walk in slowly, the tiny room making my heart race.

"Just sit down and I'll get you set up."

I sit in the surgery bed, jumping when she raises me up.

"Don't worry, just raising you for the doctor." She says. "Uhm, height and weight?"

I ramble off random numbers and she writes it down. She walks behind me, grabbing something weird.

"This goes in your nose and when I turn it on, you'll feel a rush of air."

"What is it?" I ask as she aligns it with my nose holes.

"Oxygen, don't worry." She puts the blood pressure thing around my arm. "This is gonna stay on you."

I nod and she puts the sticker circles on me.

"This is to monitor your heartrate." She sticks one to each side of my chest, then pulling my shirt up, sticking one to the side of my stomach.

The heartrate machine starts beeping rapidly.

"Yeah, you're definitely nervous." She gives a slight laugh. "Don't worry, honey, you'll be okay."

A guy walks in. "Nervous, I get?"

I give a nervous laugh. "Yeah, I'm sorry." I say as my legs start shaking.

"It's okay, I'm just gonna give you an IV and you'll fall asleep quickly.

"C-can my friend come i-in until I f-fall a-asleep?" I stutter, feeling a panic attack coming along.

The surgeon and nurse look at eachother. He nods at her. "Yeah, just until you fall asleep. Will that calm you down?" He asks sweetly as the nurse goes to get Dean.

"Y-yes, please." I say barely able to breathe. My heartbeat getting even faster.

Dean and the nurse come in. "I can hear your heart rate from the hallway." Dean chuckles.

"S-sorry."

"Hey, buddy. Just calm down, okay? Hum some Metallica or Bon Jovi, that's how I got through."

"I-I can't."

"I will buy you bunches of ice cream when this is all over, you just gotta calm down, for me?"

My heart rate goes down a tiny bit.

"See? There ya go."

I nod and reach my free hand out, pleading eyes begging for him to hold my hand. "O-o-ok."

He takes my hand in his gently rubbing my soft, shaky skin with his fingers.

The surgeon takes my other hand.

"Here ya go, honey, squeeze this a few times." The nurse hands me a squishy thing.

"I'm gonna pluck you a bit to see the vain better." The surgeon tells me as he starts plucking my arm.

I nod.

"Here, let's take this back now." The nurse takes the squishy and the surgeon spray my arm with something icy.

"Fr-freezing my arm-m?" I ask.

"It's for the IV. Don't worry." Dean reassures.

The surgeon takes the IV, sticking it in my vain making me wince. "There you go, you'll get sleepy now."

I look at Dean, my head starting to feel heavy, the room spinning. "Dea-Dean..?"

"I'm here." He says and gives me one last gentle hand squeeze, my head falling back.

"Hey, Castiel. Hop on up, we're finished now."

I open my eyes, the world spinning, eyes threatening to close. I look at the nurse helping me off the table. "Done awredy!?"

"Yeah." She chuckles. "Come with me, we gotta walk."

I try standing, stumbling a bit and let out a laugh. "Whaaaa?"

She walks me across the door to another room. "Sit here." She sits me down.

I lay back and then sway forward, the recliner chair almost making me fall.

"You gotta lay back." She says, stifling a laugh. She walks to the counter and I look around at the spinning walls.

Another guy comes in, a nurse sitting him beside me.

"Heyy, bitsch, I know yo!" I exclaim. "You guy in the waytin room." He says nothing, looking around confused. I look at the nurse who comes to me.

"Open wide." She says with gauze in her hands.

I open my mouth and accidentally bite down on her finger.

"No biting. I gotta put the gauze in." She stuff them in and I touch them. "Don't touch, they're for the blood."

"Blood!? Oh mu gawdd! Cawl Daen!"

The nurse chuckles.

"Hey, mister."

I look to the guy talking to me. "Huhh?"

"Have you seen my tooth? I think it fell out."

"Same, bro!" I exclaim through gauze. "But yous ran away, it dint like yu."

"No! Nurse! He say muh toof ran away anf don't like me."

"It's okay, it didn't run away." The nurse says and then walks to me. "Come on, Castiel." She helps me up.

I burst out laughing. "Heyff! That dude toof ran way."

She stiffles a laugh and walks me to Dean.

"Hey! Booty! Guy toof ran away! Where. Mine go?"

"Oh god." Dean says, laughing.

"You got him?" She asks.

"Yeah, thank you." Dean puts an arm around me. "Come on, buddy."

"You biff! No frenzone me!" I try to slap him, but slap the air.

"Come on, almost there." He gets to the impala and puts me in.

"No! You gon kill me! I thugt you like me!"

"I do like you, Cas. That's why I'm not laughing."

"You meen. Fine me toothcuk."