11

£ Cassy

Me and Rowena were making the pies, laughing our asses off about little things we were both saying. I was having such a good time with her and it made me so happy to realize I did have a mother figure in my life. Even though my mother is gone, I still have a mother.

"And then she was like 'what happened to my cake!?' and I just had to stand there like I didn't know her husband shoved it up his behind!" Rowena laughed, pouring the chocolate banana mix into the pie crusts, along with I.

"Really? My god, all for a dare?"

"Yes! It was hysterical."

"Hey guys, you look like you're having fun in here."

We turn and see my dad. "Hey, dad."

"Hi, honey!" Rowena chirped, setting the bowl down and kissed my dads cheek. "How was the interview?"

"I think it went well, from what Gabriel says. Let's just hope he gets the job."

"Yes, let's hope. A mans first real job is an important milestone in their lives."

"I agree, anyway, what are the pies for?"

"One of Castiel's friends." Rowena says. "And we're making some for our house as well."

"They look delicious." Dad sticks his finger in the bowl and then licks it.

"Chuck! How dare you!?" Rowena gasps.

Me and dad laugh, he goes to make some coffee. He does his a specific way. He throws the coffee beans into the coffee filter and then turns the coffee pot on. "You guys want some coffee too?"

"Sure, dad." I say.

"Yes, please, honey." Rowena starts washing dishes and I begin putting the pies in the oven. Once the coffee is done, dad pours us a cup along with himself. "Thank you, honey."

"Thanks, dad."

"So, what friend is this pie for?"

"Dean." I say.

"....who's Dean?" My father asks, drinking his coffee slowly.

"Just a guy I met, remember? You drive me to his house the other day. He really needs a friend right now."

"Oh! Him, yeah, I remember. Want me to drive you over there after you finish the pies?"

"Uhm, maybe tomorrow. He has plans tonight." I say, not wanting to tell him what I suspected of Dean's home life.

Dad nodded. "Alright, just remind me. Also, what's for dinner?"

"I ordered pizzas." I say.

"Stop buying things with your money. You don't need to take care of us. You do enough already as is." Dad scolds.

"Jeez, dad. I didn't, Rowena said I can order it with her credit card." I laugh.

"Oh, good. When will it be here?"

The doorbell rings. "Now." Rowena smiles.