192

QOTD - Favorite drink?

€ Deanny

My heart thumping is the only thing I hear, blurriness is the only thing I see. My breathing heavy and my balance off. The phone lays in the palm of my hand as I feel lightheaded. The words repeating in my head like a broken record. I can feel the sweat forming on my whole body, suddenly soaked.

"Hello?..Mr. Winchester? I know this is tough news. There's a way we can stop your father from making bail though. I need you and your brothers cooperation though."

"Y-yes?" I stutter.

"Since Chuck set me to be your lawyer, I'm entitled to give you all the information that I find out. Do I have your cooperation?"

"Yeah-h."

"Your father will not make bail if you boys come in and get him to confess to assaulting you and abusing your brother."

"O-okay." My mouth can't even form words.

"Thank you for you time. I'll see you tomorrow." He hangs up.

The feeling I have in the pit of my stomach is making me sick. "Cas!" I cry out, my balance failing and me collapsing on the bed. The tears were already making their way down my cheeks from my eyes. "Cas! Please!"

Rushed paddering footsteps coursed through the house and up the stairs. Cas threw the door open and rushed to my side. "Dean, Dean, what happened!?" He panicked.

"I-I have to see dad."

"What, no! Why?" He sat on his knees, his hands cupping my face.

"I have t-to."

"No, you don't. You don't have to do anything you don't want to or don't feel comfortable with."

"B-but..he...bail." I sob, collapsing in my best friends arms.

"He's making bail?" Cas asks angrily.

"W-we have to g-get him to confe-ss."

"Does Sammy know?" He holds me tighter.

"N-no."

"Sam!" He shouts.

We hear Sam walking up the stairs and coming in. "You're lucky he song ended, I wouldn't have heard you if not." He laughs, his back towards us as he closes the door.

"Sam." Cas says softly.

Sam turns around and his smile fades into worry. "Dean? What's wrong?"

I say nothing, just sit there blankly.

"We have a problem." Cas speaks softly. He stands and sits beside me on the bed, laying me down, my head in his lap.

"Yeah, I see that. What is it?"

"John can possibly make bail." Cas looks away from Sam's eyes.

Sam stands there, frozen. "W-why?"

"I don't know. You boys have to get him to confess in order for him to not make bail though."

"I need a drink." I say, sitting up.

"Dean, no." Cas pulls me back down.

I wipe my face. "Don't try to stop me, I'm gettinf a drink." I snap.

"Dean..." Sam whispers. "Please don't."

I roll my eyes and walk away. As I get to the kitchen, I rest my forehead against the cold refrigerator. How is this happening? Why is this happening? It isn't fair! My fingers tangle in my hair, ripping strands out. Sam and Cas' broken voices when I told them I'm getting a drink haunting my ears.

A sigh escapes my lips, another tear from my eye. I open the cabinet beside me and pull out a soda can. My legs take me to the kitchen island, sitting me down. Slowly and carefully, I sip the soda.

"I thought you were getting a drink." My little brothers voice speaks.

I look up seeing Sam and Cas in the kitchen. "I did." I hold the soda can up with a little smile. A fake smile, to hide my broken heart. "Wanma drink with me?" My voice cracks.

They come over and wrap their arms around me. "It'll be okay."

QOTD - Favorite food?