156

¥ Sammy

I watch as Dean walks in through the front door. I find myself standing making my way to my idiotic older brother. "When are you going to let this go? Huh?"

"I did let it go."

"No, you didn't. Cas told me what happened."

"Did he also tell you that he compared me to dad?" Dean snaps, throwing his bag on the couch.

"Yes, Dean.....but he's right."

He stops and turns around, pain in his eyes. "What?" He asks coming closer. "What the hell did you just say?"

"That Cas is right, you've been acting like da-"

His fist connects with my cheek.

"See? Right there!"

"Shut it, Sam." He growls, grabbing a beer from the fridge.

I stand up. "No! Look at you! You're drinking yourself away! You're drunk most nights! And now when dads here, I have to deal with it because you're passed out in bed!"

"So what, Sam."

"So what? Are you serious right now, Dean?"

"What do you want me to do!?"

"I want you to be you."

"I am me and you're only complaining."

"Dean." I say. "I mean, we're not even brothers here man. You're different, you're not you." 

"I am your brother

"I am your brother."

"It doesn't seem like it."

"You said you can take a hit, so take it. It's not my job to protect you from him. Don't piss him off and you'll be fine."

"ALL I HAVE TO DO IS BREATHE AND HE TRIES TO KILL ME, DEAN!"

"Not my problem."

I shake my head, a scoff escaping my lips. "I'm going to Cas' house. In all this, I know they'll protect me."

"Protect you from dad, really?"

"No, Dean....protect me from you."