Chapter Eighty-nine

I’m sorry… I’m so, so, so terribly sorry. I feel really bad for not updating but I didn’t have my laptop for quite a long time and it had everything on it – including, but not only, this chapter which was already typed up. Again, I am SO sorry. I really can’t stress that enough. I’m sure I’ve lost readers, but for those of you that are still with me, thank you so much for your patience; I truly do appreciate it and I’m very grateful for it as well. Without further ado, here’s what you’ve all been waiting for… Chapter Eighty-nine.

Previously…

“See? It isn’t so hard now, is it?”

“Yes, mum,” I responded along with a roll of my eyes and a drawn out, dramatic sigh.

Without a word – or even looking in my direction – she got up and started to walk away.

“Baaaabbbbyyyy,” I whined, snaking my arms around her waist and pulling her onto my lap.

Her arms were crossed over her chest and she refused to look at me, but she wasn’t struggling to get out of my hold either, she was just sitting there completely still, acting stubborn.

I went with my first instinct and began to kiss under her ear and down her neck. However, it was proven to no avail when she didn’t react even the slightest bit to my actions.

“I’m sorry, baby, I was only teasing…” I explained, hoping she would understand.

A wide smile curved her lips, confusing me due to her most recent [and previous] actions.

“You’re so gullible, Harry,” she laughed softly.

“Hey, that’s not funny…”

“It actually was pretty funny.”

“You know I don’t want you to be mad at me, it was mean.”

“Sorry, I was just acting like a three year old since that’s apparently my age now.”

I rolled my eyes, shaking my head and smiling.

“You're such a dork.”

Gabby’s POV

“Just hush and I’ll go get it, okay?” Harry chuckled softly as he reached for his keys from the countertop.

“But I can do it…”

“I know you can, but I want to since you always have to do the shopping.”

I shrugged slightly, “It’s not a big deal, Harry. I honestly don’t mind.”

“Shh,” he said, placing his index finger over my lips, “I’ll be back soon, baby.”

I nodded, knowing that by now he wasn’t going to budge even a little bit.

He pressed his lips against mine briefly before walking out the front door, leaving a small smile on my face.

Everything has been so different, the good kind of different. We haven’t fought or gotten in any serious arguments – only playful ones.

I like it. I like it a lot, actually. Although it’s much different from the usual way things go with us, I think it’s a rather nice change in our nature as a couple.

Now, however, I don’t know what to do with myself since I’m all alone.

We have been inseparable for quite a while, so it’s a bit foreign to not have him around me for some time whilst he’s out to get the groceries we need.

I guess I’ll just settle for watching reruns of ‘F•R•I•E•N•D•S’.

It’s not all that bad… I mean, I do have a bowl full of fresh, warm kettle corn and I am sitting on a comfortable sofa – it’s actually pretty nice.

Harry’s POV

Looking down at my keys to find the one for the car quickly became the worst decision I have ever made.

In that split second, a hand covered my mouth with a cloth that was obviously laced with chloroform – I know that smell too well.

Less than a minute later everything around me became nothing but darkness as the quick-acting drug kicked in and knocked me out.