Chapter Twenty-nine

Gabby’s POV

“Do you want to do something tonight?” Harry asked.

I was still sat on his lap from earlier today. When I tried to move, he wouldn’t let me. It’s not that I didn’t want to sit on his lap; I just thought it was probably uncomfortable for him, but apparently not.

“Like what?” I quizzed.

“I don’t know, maybe get something to eat or walk around. We’ve been in this house every day except when we went to the pool; I figured you’d want to go out.”

I carefully shifted around on his lap so I was facing him. Well, I guess I was actually straddling him now.

“Why don’t we do both?” I suggested, leaning in to connect our lips.

He wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him as our tongues danced together. I subconsciously started to roll my hips against him, creating more friction between our bodies. Harry groaned and pulled away.

“The only place we’ll be going is the bedroom if you keep doing that,” he said making my cheeks flush.

“I actually do need to go in there, but to change, not for what you were thinking.”

“Then go change before I take you in there for another reason,” he teased whilst running his hand up my back.

I climbed off of his lap and scurried to the bedroom to find something else to wear that was better than sweats and a tank top. Once I was finally changed [outfit on the side], I put on some light makeup and went back out to the sitting room.

When I got into the room Harry stood up and I just now noticed he wasn’t wearing black like usual. Well, he was wearing black jeans, but he was wearing a white t shirt rather than his normal black shirt that I’d grown accustomed to.

The white shirt was a nice change, I decided as I followed him out to the car. Something about how it showed off the ink covering his skin made my heart flutter. I never expected to be dating someone with so many tattoos because I was never very fond of them, but here I am with Harry who has them all over. It was different somehow with him, and I’m pretty sure it had to do with the fact that he was very attractive.

That’s part of what I don’t get. He could have just about any girl he wanted and yet he’s with me. But why? I’m nothing special or extremely attractive. I’m just…average. Maybe that’s part of the reason why I have trouble believing him when he says he loves me; I want to know why. What is there to like so much about me that could keep a guy like him tied down?

I’ll admit I was surprised to find out that he cheated on my sister with me. That means I knew him before he was protecting me. He was seventeen and I was fourteen when it happened. But Allie is so pretty. She’s taller than me (just like everyone else), she has the combo of blond hair and blue eyes that guys always like, a perfect smile, the figure girls wish they had, and a gorgeous complexion. Why in bloody hell would he go for someone like me when he could have someone like her? As a matter of fact, he did have her.