Chapter Fifty-two

Harry’s POV

Fucking idiot. Why didn’t I say anything?

I didn’t even try to stop her when she ran away; I just let her go. What she said to me about moving on and finding someone to be happy with…that wasn’t something I wanted to hear.

I wanted her to ask for my forgiveness like I’ve done to her. It may take time for me to get over what she did, but that doesn’t mean I can’t forgive her. I know for a fact that I would if she asked me to. I love her too much to be mad at her forever.

She said she still loves me and I hope to God that’s true. If she was lying, I wouldn’t be able to function properly. That’s how bad this hurts to stay away from her for so long.

Maybe Zayn was right. Maybe I’m just pathetic. Maybe I just need to forget about her.

The problem with that is that I don’t want to and I can’t. She’s everything to me and I’m nothing without her. I wish she could see that instead of just assuming that I wanted nothing to do with her. She knows that I have no one else. Everyone else left me; I can’t deal with the pain of her leaving me too.

I glanced around the parking lot for her car, but I couldn’t find it.

That’s when I remembered the box she was carrying. She never picked it up before she ran off. It might have her new address on it.

I hurried up to her floor and grabbed the box, reading the address and taking the box with me as I rushed back to my car. Hopefully this is the right address for her new place otherwise I’m going to look stupid to anyone else.

At the moment, I don’t really care what other people think of me. I just want to be able to hold her in my arms again and be able to call her mine. That’s all I want.

* * *

The drive wasn’t too terribly long; about fifteen to twenty minutes away from where I was before. I saw her car in the drive, so I knew she had to be there.

This place confused me. She had said she found a new apartment, but this was a house. Sure it was a carriage home, but it was still considered a house in my opinion.

Here goes nothing. I took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

Gabby’s POV

I looked around the cold environment of the basement, trying desperately to find anything that could help me get out of here. All I found was a scrap of paper and an old pencil. How the hell is this going to help me at all? Of course it’s not.

Light came into the darkness of my area, signaling that the door had been opened. I hid the two objects I found in my back pocket in case I did end up needing them for whatever reason.

“Get your ass up here and answer the fucking door. It’s your prick of a boyfriend,” Shawn called down the steps.

What? Harry? How did he find me?

I don’t really care how he found me; I just need him to get me out of here.

An idea struck me right then and I took the two objects out of my pocket. I tried to quickly write on the paper, but the pencil’s point broke.

“Shit,” I whispered.

I took the point and started to write on the little piece of paper.

“What the fuck is taking so long? Get up here now!” Shawn screamed down the steps.

I hid the pencil and held on tightly to the slip of paper, concealing it in my palm. When I got to the top of the steps, I was shoved forward, stumbling over my own feet.

“Don’t say shit to him or I will let you watch him die,” he threatened.

I didn’t say anything, just kept going to the door where there was persistent knocking. I forced my tears back before opening the door.

“Thank God you answered,” Harry sighed in relief.

“I-” I began to say.

“Why did you run away? Why didn’t you just ask me to forgive you? You kissed me and then you apologised, but you still ran away.”

I swallowed hard, trying to get rid of the lump in my throat. I can’t believe I’m about to do this.

“I don’t want you to forgive me. I kissed you because I was being an emotional wreck.”

“What? What about everything you said?”

“It wasn’t true. I’m sorry, Harry.”

As I said the last three words, I grabbed his hand and placed the paper in it. Once I closed his hand around the piece of paper, I looked back up to meet his glassy eyes. God, I hate myself right now.

“Just go,” I said once I was able to break my gaze away from his eyes.

I stepped back inside and closed the door, locking it as well. When I turned around, a hard hand slapped me across the face. The force was so hard and unexpected that I fell to the ground.

“Why the fuck was he here?”

“I-I don’t know,” I stuttered in fear.

“If he comes back here, I swear I will fucking finish him!”

He dragged me up to my feet by the collar of my shirt and took me to the basement steps, letting go of my shirt and pushing me down the staircase.

“Stay the fuck down there and don’t even think about escaping cause I will find you!” He yelled before slamming the door.

Tears stung at my eyes from the fall down the steps. I can’t believe I ever thought I actually liked that psychopath.

More importantly, I hope that Harry is okay. I didn’t want to say that to him, but it was the only way. I had to make him leave before something bad happened. I wonder if he even read my note.

He has to save me. There’s no other way for me to get out of here.

Do you see how much I love you guys? All these updates just cause I love your comments, btw. xx