Chapter Sixty-five

I’m so sorry for not updating the past couple days. Just started back at school and I already have homework, so I was busy and really tired. I didn’t want to update when I was tired cause I knew it would be crappy. Forgive me? Xx

I hopped down from my perch on the edge of the sink and followed him out. Hopefully he doesn’t wake her.

And I spoke too soon; once we got there he flipped on the light switch and she turned to our direction with a furrowed brow and tightly shut eyelids.

Harry turned the light off and walked into the hallway. I quietly closed the door behind me as I watched him pace the hall.

“What’s wrong?” I quizzed.

“That’s not my sister.”

“What?”

“That girl in there isn’t Melissa. I don’t know who she is.”

“What do you mean you don’t know who she is? How else would she know who Melissa was or that she was your sister?”

“I don’t know.”

“Are you sure that she’s not your sister? Maybe she just looks different, it’s been a long time.”

That is true though. People do change in looks over time, it could still be her even if he doesn’t recognise her straight away. That’s what I’m hoping; otherwise I just let a random girl in the house.

“No. I would know if it was my sister, trust me.”

“He’s right,” the familiar female voice interrupted.

I spun around to see her standing in the doorway of the room I let her stay in. Did she just hear our whole conversation?

“I’m not Melissa,” she continued.

“Then who the fuck are you and why are pretending to be my sister?” Harry snapped at her.

I can’t really be mad at him for being angry with her. After all, she did act like she was his sister and that in itself was really low for someone to do. She must know something; otherwise she wouldn’t have said that in the first place.

I just can’t get over the fact that I believed her, gave her my clothes, and let her stay in my house. Well, it’s better to be safe than sorry, right? Besides, she was definitely running from something or someone and with the way she looked when she was on the doorstep said that something was wrong.

“My name’s Jaycee. I said I was Melissa because I didn’t know where else to go or what to do and I had to get away before he found me and brought me back. I’m really sorry, I just-” her sentences were rushed and said frantically.

“What are you talking about? Who are you running from?” I asked.

“I-I don’t know his name.”

“Did he kidnap you?”

“Um…yeah.”

“How long ago?” Harry jumped into the conversation.

“I think a couple years ago…”

“How do you know about my sister?”

“She’s there; I met her. She doesn’t get treated as bad as the rest of us; she’s special.”

“The rest of you? There are other girls there?” I asked.

She nodded, “There are a lot of girls. Anywhere from age sixteen to twenty-five.”

“How did you get out?”

“I was in the car when he went inside the gas station convenient store and I broke the window and ran away. He had this address with him and all this information that I brought with me because I thought he was trying to kidnap someone else, but that wasn’t what he was doing at all.”

“What was he doing?” Harry asked.

“He’s been following you and he knows everything about your life.”

Okay, now is the time when I would start freaking out. If someone’s been stalking Harry, then they know about me.

“Why is he following me?”

“He wants to make a deal.”

“What kind of deal?”

“He’ll let Melissa go if you give him what he wants.”

“What does he want?” Harry asked; I could tell he was getting impatient.

“He wants her,” Jaycee said pointing directly at me. What?