Chapter Twenty-one

"You're not even my real dad," I snapped.

"Who told you that?" he asked through gritted teeth, looking straight at Harry.

"No one," I sighed already regretting my harsh words, "I found out on accident."

He clenched his jaw as he forced his blood curdling gaze away from 

Harry and back towards me.

"You're still my daughter and I want you home."

After the words left his mouth, he exited the room, slamming the door shut behind him. I fell back into the pillows and closed my eyes. I can't believe I actually just said that to his face and the tone that I used.

"You okay, baby?" Harry asked whilst leaving a kiss on my cheek.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

Harry took me in his arms and pulled me into his chest. I opened my eyes and gave him a small smile.

"You shouldn't have found out that way," he said softly.

"It's okay; it was my fault for following you."

"No it wasn't. I should have told you the truth when you asked me the first time."

Damn right he should have! Maybe then we wouldn't be in this crazy mess in the first place. But it doesn't matter anymore. Everything happens for a reason, right?

I nuzzled my head into the warmth of his chest, our legs tangled together.

"I'm thinking about moving in here," Harry announced randomly.

I lifted my head to look up at him, "What? Why?"

"For starters, I own it. My other reason is Mitchell."

"Your brother? What's wrong with him?"

"He brings a lot of girls home, and...he's not really my brother."

"Oh...does he work with you?"

"No...he's my friend's cousin and he let me stay with him since I had nowhere else to go."

I nodded and buried my head in his chest again.

"You know I still can't tell you everything..."

"I know."

"You're okay with that?"

"For now," I teased smiling up at him.

Honestly, it did make me a little uneasy to not be able to know more  about his job. We were dating, we said we loved each other, and now we've slept together. It just seems like I should know more after all that and everything we've gone through. Maybe I'm just over thinking it.

Harry's hand ran over my bum, fingertips tracing down the back of my thigh in a feather-light motion.

"H-Harry," I stuttered as his hand traveled to a spot over my panties. 

I swatted his hand away so he couldn't distract me.

"Hmm?"

"Don't you think we should go back to school?"

"We can tomorrow if you want."

"Three days of classes before break...can you handle that?"

He smiled, "We'll see."

I know he doesn't like to go to class, which makes sense now that I know how old he is. That just means he's already been though the same lessons, so I would guess it gets boring to have to listen to the same thing for a second time around.