Chapter Sixty

“Please don’t leave me,” she said softly as another tear slid down her cheek.

“I couldn’t, even if I tried.”

I brought my lips back to hers and kissed her slowly again. The way her lips moved against mine and how her tongue always tried to be dominant never ceased to amaze me. She never had anyone before me and she didn’t know anything, but somehow she managed to know exactly how to kiss.

We just stood there for a while, basically making out in front of the door. I didn’t care what we were doing anymore, just as long as she was with me.

As soon as we broke away, she placed her hands on my chest. She fisted the fabric of my shirt in her hand and pulled me into the bedroom.

“Gabby, we don’t have to-” I started to say.

“I’m not trying to sleep with you already, just please sit down,” she said biting her lip at the end of her sentence.

I did what she said and sat down on the edge of the bed. She got on my lap and draped her arms around my neck.

“I need this…I just need to be with you,” she said softly.

“Okay,” I agreed. I didn’t want her to leave, so anything was better than that.

She brought her lips to mine and I cautiously placed my hands on her waist. I don’t want to ruin the moment by doing something she wasn’t okay with, so I was being extra careful about where my hands went.

My hands were really needy right now. I wanted to feel her skin against mine in some way other than kissing.

Carefully, I moved my hands just under the hem of her shirt to get the contact I needed. It’s been so long that I forgot how soft her skin was, how much I just wanted to touch her to feel it.

Her hands went under my jaw whilst we continued to kiss. I’ve never wanted to just kiss or make out with someone so bad until now. Just sitting there with her lips softly moving against mine was all I needed.

“What are you doing?” I asked when she pulled away and took her shirt off.

“Sorry…I was hot…”

“It’s okay…does that mean I can take mine off too?” I really only asked to see what her reaction would be and she just shrugged.

“If you want to.”

And that’s what I ended up doing. There was no way I was going to pass up a chance to feel her pressed against me.

Our lips connected again as I placed my hands on the small of her back. At some point I ended up lying down with her above me, but still we just kissed and that was okay with me.

I was willing to take things slow if that’s what she wanted; I’m not going to force her into doing anything.

It’s almost too good to be true that this is happening right now after everything that happened in the morning. I’m glad that’s over with.

I just need to focus on what she needs right now. She might be making out with me in my bed topless, but I know she’s still hurting inside. I’m not going to let her keep that inside anymore; she needs to get it out or she’ll never feel better.

When she pulled away and laid down next to me, I noticed that I felt a little happier. Not because we made out, but because she was there with me and I know she still feels something towards me. Even if it’s only a little bit, at least she feels something.

I turned over on my side to look at her and softly ran my thumb over her cheek. She looked into my eyes as I did and I stopped.

“You’re beautiful. You know that, right?” I told her quietly.

She didn’t say anything, but a faint smile appeared on her face and that was good enough for me.

After a little while, we both decided we should call it a night. So much happened today that I should be overwhelmed by, but I’m actually okay with it.

There was a knock against the doorway as I was pulling the covers down. Gabby was standing in the doorway watching me.

“Can I…do you care if…” she struggled to ask.

“Yes, you can,” I answered before she just said never mind and walked away.

I saw the faint smile again as she walked around to the other side of the bed. That’s twice in an hour. Maybe I can get her happy again. I’m at least going to try.

* * *

I woke up the next morning and turned over, expecting to see Gabby sleeping next to me, but the bed was empty. There was a small piece of paper left on the pillow she had slept on. I picked it up and hoped it didn’t say she was leaving.

Sorry I left without telling you, but I needed to go for a walk and get some fresh air. I also had a lot to think about. I don’t know when I’ll be back…or if I’ll be back…   ~Gabby xoxo

Why would she leave? What would she need to think about?

I got out of the bed and quickly put myself together so I could go out and find her. If she’s thinking about not coming back, I need to know why. I can’t just let her go without knowing.

I thought that last night was the turning point in this mess. I thought she would be there when I woke up. I thought that I would try and get her to open up. I thought that we were going to work through this.

Maybe I should just stop thinking because I always seem to be wrong. If we want to fix this problem, we both need to work on it. I need to get that through to her; I don’t want to be the only one left fighting for this relationship.

Once I was ready, I went out to the kitchen and grabbed my keys off of the counter; I had developed a habit of putting them there.

When I opened the door, I nearly walked into Gabby. She came back. Thank God. I’m still a little ticked off that she even left. She could have waited until I woke up so I wouldn’t start freaking out from a note that said she might not come back.

“I…I thought you would still be asleep,” Gabby said softly.

“And that makes it okay to just leave?” I snapped. I wasn’t actually angry, I guess, just hurt. She looked a bit scared after I said that.

She took one last glance at me before running towards the lift and repeatedly pressing the button for it to open. Jesus, why does she always have to run?

PLEASE TELL ME: Who's POV do you like better? Gabby's or Harry's? I mean to read of course. :) xx