Chapter Forty-eight

Gabby’s POV *earlier*

I woke up laying in a hotel room bed next to some guy from the club I went to last night. I barely remember anything because I was so drunk. Now my head is killing me, but I have to get out of here before he wakes up.

Quickly and quietly, I put my shoes on and pulled my skirt down further, flattening it out. Once I grabbed my phone, I left the hotel room as silently as I could.

Luckily, I escaped without the man waking at all. He didn’t even move other than his chest from breathing. If I woke up in my clothes, which I did, I don’t think anything happened. Besides, I’m almost positive that I slapped him when he tried to do something.

I stopped at a Dunkin Donuts on the way back to my apartment and got a coffee to help with my horrid hangover headache. This time I didn’t even put anything in it, just drank it black. God, that’s bitter, but it helps nonetheless.

When I reached the parking lot of the apartment complex, I tried to fix my makeup so that I was somewhat presentable if I happened to walk into anyone.

I’m such an idiot. I don’t even know what I was thinking when I left the apartment to go to that club. Why would I ever think I could bring myself to cheat on Harry? I just can’t do it.

Maybe I just wanted someone else to hurt like the way I did. Either way, it wasn’t an excuse.

I got to my apartment and went inside, closing the door quietly since it was only six forty-five in the morning and people were still sleeping.

Harry’s POV *present*

The sound of the door to the apartment clicking shut stirred me out of my sleep. Rays of sunshine were seeping through the curtains and I could smell a strong scent of alcohol. Shit, she went drinking. I swear, if any guy touched her, I’ll-

“Harry?” her voice was quiet.

“Where were you?” I questioned, trying to hide my anger.

“Out.”

“No shit. Where did you go?”

“Why do you care? How did you even get in here anyway?”

“You gave me a key.”

“Well I want it back, and I want you out.”

“You can’t be serious…”

“I am. Now give me the key and get out.”

Does she hear what she’s saying? I’m thinking that she doesn’t. I didn’t do shit to her and she’s flipping out at me.

She’s trying to kick me out? Really? I did absolutely nothing but try to make her understand where I was coming from.

“No. I’m staying until you hear me out. I mean actually listen to me, not just act like it,” I stood my ground.

“Well go on then, I don’t have all day.”

“Dammit, stop that! I didn’t do shit to you and you’re acting like a-” I stopped myself before I went too far. I came here to fix things, not to make them worse.

“Like what, Harry? A bitch? Why don’t you just say it to my face if that’s really what you think?”

“Because I’m trying to make this work and you’re making it really fucking difficult.”

“Yeah, cause I’m a bitch, right? Just admit it.”

“You’re not a bitch. You’re just so fucking moody that I can’t keep up with it.”

“Good thing I’m not pregnant, cause then you really wouldn’t be able to handle it.”

“You want the truth? You want to know what I think about you wanting to have a baby?”

“If you can actually be honest, yes, that’d be nice.”

“Alright, fine. I didn’t really want you to have a baby, not yet anyway. I wasn’t hoping that you weren’t pregnant because I know how much you wanted it and I wanted it for you because I want you to be happy. You’re obviously not happy now and I’m sorry, but I can’t change the results.”

“So…you don’t want kids?”

“That’s not what I’m saying. I want them eventually, but not right now. We’re still so young. Don’t you want to have fun while we still can?”

“Of course I want to have fun, but I still want a baby.”

“Then we’ll have a baby. Just not right now. I don’t even know the first thing about them.”

“Okay…okay, fine. I’ll wait.”

“Thank you. Now where were you, seriously?”

“I told you, I went out.”

“I can smell the alcohol on your clothes from over here. Don’t give me that shit.”

“Alright, I went to a club.”

“You’re kidding me.”

“No, I’m not.”

“What the fuck? Does the word engaged mean anything to you? Cause it means something to me. When I asked you to marry me that meant something to me. Every time I said ‘I love you’ and you said it back, that meant something to me.”

“I’m sorry. I wasn’t thinking.”

I got up from the couch and walked past her towards the door. Now I really did need to cool down before I ripped someone to shreds.

“Harry, stop!”

“What?” I asked through gritted teeth.

“It’s not my fault, I-”

Not her fault? She’s got to be so fucking drunk to even say that bullshit.

“It’s not my fault that you can’t get pregnant, but I’m not cheating on you because of it!”

Tears slipped down her cheeks and her lip quivered.

“Go,” she said quietly.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean-”

“Don’t. Just go.”

I walked out the door and started down the hall when I heard the door click open. I turned around and watched her take the ring off her finger and throw it at me with tears pouring down her cheeks. What did I just do? Why did I say that?

“Never come back,” she cried before slamming the door.

Did someone say drama? Don't worry guys, I have this all planned out. You just have to trust me. xx