Chapter Twenty-two

As soon as Harry was a safe distance away, I sat down and looked at them with a terrified expression on my face.

“How long was he standing there?” I asked feeling completely embarrassed. I hope he didn’t hear any of that whatsoever.

“He just got there when Fi asked where you did it,” Clarissa said with a reassuring smile.

“Thank god. If he heard me telling you, I don’t know if he’d ever shut up about it.”

“About what?” Harry asked from behind me.

I clamped my eyes shut as the girls proceeded to laugh at my expense. Harry pulled out the chair next to me and sat down. Crap, this is not good.

“I was just going to tell you something, but whatever you’re talking about seems more interesting,” He said with a smirk.

“Oh, we were just talking about,” Dahlia began before I gave her a death stare and made her stop.

Abby, however, didn’t hesitate finish Dahlia’s sentence for her, “About you two.” I let out a silent sigh of relief.

“And how we had sex, right?” Harry said nonchalantly, causing my eyes to open wide. He did not just say that…

“Oh my god,” I gasped and hit his arm.

“Baby, you have to hit a lot harder if you want it to hurt,” he smirked.

“You’re an arse,” I said giving him a sarcastic smile.

He put his hand on the top of my thigh and squeezed. Thankfully I was able to hold in the gasp that would normally leave my lips.

When I looked back to the table, the girls were staring at us with smiles on their faces. It was kind of odd if you ask me…maybe even a bit creepy.

“You two have to be the weirdest couple,” Clarissa commented.

“They’re cute, Rissa,” Fiona defended us.

The bell rang, signaling that our lunch period was over and I had barely touched my food. My stomach grumbled, but the noisy cafeteria hid the sound effectively.

We all got up from our seats and threw out the trash we had from lunch, the one I didn’t get to eat. I went back to the table to grab my bag and head to my next class.

Just as I was about to detach it from the chair, arms encased my waist and pulled me back into a familiar chest.

“Call me if you need me there sooner,” Harry whispered in my ear.

I turned around in his hold and placed my hands flat against his chest.

“I will,” I promised whilst getting on my tip toes to connect our lips.