Chapter Forty-one

This is how much I love you guys. Four updates in one day. Don't forget that! <3 xx

“I’m not boring you, am I?” Shawn asked, ripping me out of my thoughts.

“No,” I shook my head. “I’m sorry, I’ve just been kind of distracted today.”

“What’s on your mind?” he asked with genuine concern.

“It’s just-”

A loud knocking on the door of the apartment interrupted me in mid-sentence.

“I’ll be right back.”

I got up from the sofa and headed towards the door. The knocking was persistent and quite annoying. As soon as I opened the door, my eyes met green ones for a split second before hands cradled my face and soft lips crashed into mine.

As much as I wanted to kiss him back, I knew I shouldn’t, I couldn’t. My palms pressed against his chest, pushing him off of me. He didn’t seem surprised by my reaction, just sad. I hated to see him sad.

No. I need to snap out of it. I need to stick up for myself. I can’t let him run me around anymore and he needs to know that. Who the hell does he think he is just coming to my apartment and kissing me out of nowhere anyway?

“What the hell?” I snapped at him.

“I’m sorry…I shouldn’t have…”

I was amazed to see him at a loss for words. He always had a reply to everything and here he is in front of me stumbling over his own words. What happened to him?

“I’ll just…Oh, fuck it. I can’t even think straight.”

I watched silently as he paced the hallway, pulling at the ends of his hair. For some reason, I couldn’t bring myself to close the door. He came here for something and I wanted to know what it was. It couldn’t just be to kiss me. That would be a complete waste of time.

“Harry, are you okay?” I asked getting kind of worried.

“Am I okay? You’re seriously asking me if I’m okay? Does it look like I’m okay, Gabby?” he bit back.

“If you’re going to be an asshole, you can just leave.”

I went to close the door but his hand caught it in mid-swing. I sighed and opened it again.

“Please don’t shut the door,” he pleaded.