Chapter Forty-two

"Do you want children?"

There was complete silence for a moment.

“What?” Harry asked in disbelief.

“I don’t mean now, I just mean in the future.”

"I haven't really thought about it.... I never thought I would find anyone."

"What about now?"

"Now things are different."

He was definitely dodging my question. It was obvious, but I really wanted an answer.

"I'm not going to be mad at you if you don't," I told him.

"So, if I said never in a million years, you wouldn't be mad?"

"Well, when you say it like that..."

"I'm kidding."

"So..."

"If at some point you want kids...then I wouldn't mind getting you knocked up."

"Harry!" I scolded whilst slapping his shoulder.

“Yes, baby?” he replied with a smirk.

I huffed and turned on my side so that my back was to him. It wasn’t long before I felt his hands on me, moving my hair away from my neck as he began to kiss the skin.

“Can I ask you one more thing?”

“Hmm?” he hummed against my neck.

“Did you want kids before you met me?”

He pulled away and sighed softly, “There are a lot of things I didn’t want before I met you. I didn’t want to be in a serious relationship either.”

“You consider our relationship serious?”

“Yeah,” he paused, “Don’t you?”

“I haven’t really thought about it, I guess. But you did ask me to marry you, so I think that makes it serious.”

“That offer still stands. Even if you don’t want to get married straight away, I’d like to put some sort of ring on your finger.”

I smiled as he pulled the duvet up over us and draped his arm over my waist.

“I’ll think about it, okay?”

“Okay, baby.”