Chapter Eight

My eyes fluttered open to the sunlight seeping through the curtains. I shiftlessly pushed the blankets off of my body and crawled out of the warm confines of the bed.

A smile crept up on my face when I remembered how I didn’t bring pyjamas and Harry just took off his shirt and gave it to me. My fingers grazed over the bottom of the soft fabric as I walked around the bed.

When I got to the side that Harry had slept on, I noticed a picture frame that was flipped upside down, lying flat so that you couldn’t see it. Curiosity got the better of me as I walked over to the nightstand. I gently picked up the frame and turned it over so I could see the picture.

Inside the frame was a picture of me on Harry’s back. If I’m not mistaken, it looked like we were going up an incline. As I studied the picture, trying to figure out what we were doing and where we were, I heard that pattering of feet coming toward the bedroom. However, I didn’t put the picture down; I was too intrigued by it.

“You remember that picture?” Harry asked, not sounding upset at all like I thought he might be. “It was at Oak Pines two summers back.”

After what Harry said, I was starting to remember. The moment came flooding into my mind, slightly blurry at first, but soon it was as clear as day.

~*~FLASHBACK~*~

“You sure you can make it? It’s a pretty steep hill,” Harry quizzed with amusement.

“Fine, you can carry me mister macho man,” the girl joked. “Don’t say I didn’t warn you that you’re just making it harder on yourself.”

“Relax, Gabby, you’re not that heavy.”

“That’s what you say now; just wait until we start going uphill.”

Harry shook his head smiling before hunching down. The girl jumped up on his back and wrapped her legs securely around his waist. He stood up straight again and held onto her thighs to keep her from slipping down. She rested her head on his shoulder as they continued up the hill.

I followed up the hill, not really having much of a choice otherwise. Besides, I was curious to find out about what Harry and I used to have before I lost all memory of him. It was like I was in the scene of a movie, that’s how cute of a couple I saw them as. I say them because I’m not that Gabby anymore, I’m different. This Gabby is perfect, me…not so much.