Chapter Seventy-one

“Are you coming home with me?” I questioned, avoiding eye contact.

He sighed, “I can’t.”

“Why? I came here to meet you and you’re not going to go back with me?”

“It’s complicated…I shouldn’t even be seeing you.”

“What are you talking about?”

Harry placed his hand on my thigh and looked down, “The man in charge is still alive.”

“What? How is that even possible?”

“It’s not who we thought it was. He was only in charge of that house, not all of them.”

“Wait, what about Melissa?”

“She’s fine. We’re sharing a hotel room.”

“But why can’t you just bring her to the house and stay there?”

“I don’t think she’s ready to be around people she doesn’t know yet and I don’t want to leave her alone. Besides, we haven’t seen each other for years and it gives us time to talk about what’s happened. I mean, she doesn’t say much about what’s happened to her, but I try to talk about my life to make her feel better. I think if I stay with her for a while she might start to open up about what happened to her and maybe then I can get her to stay with us. I just don’t want to force her into something she’s uncomfortable with after everything she’s been through.”

“Yeah, you’re right. I just…I really thought I lost you.”

The tears came back, but I kept them from falling because I know I wouldn’t stop. I don’t know when I’ll see him again and I don’t want to ruin the time we have now by crying.

“Come here,” he requested whilst motioning to his lap.

I hesitated at first because I started to overthink things, but then I made myself stop. I climbed over the centre console and straddled his legs.

He brought his hands back up to my jaw and gently pulled me towards him, connecting our lips. I wrapped my arms around his neck, as our mouths kept moving with each other.

“We’re not doing this in my car,” I said through ragged breaths when his hands started to travel beneath the fabric of my shirt.

“I’d take you back to my hotel room, but my sister’s there.”

His lips pressed against the skin on my neck as I struggled to deny him.

“Can’t you come back for the night and leave before everyone wakes up?” I suggested.

It wasn’t necessarily that I wanted to have sex with him, I just wanted him home.

I needed him to hold me close to his chest in his strong arms so that I could feel a little better and maybe get some sleep. Even if he left at three or four o’clock in the morning, it was still better than nothing at all.

“I don’t think that’s a good idea, baby.”

I looked down in disappointment, but he tilted my chin up so I would look at him.

“Is it really that big of a deal to fuck in your car?” he asked with a smirk.

“Yes! I don’t want my car to smell like sex. Besides, we don’t even have to…I just want you to come home.”

He sighed, “I know, baby. I want to go back more than I want to fuck you right now, and that’s a hell of a lot.”

I hit his bicep playfully in response to his vulgar comment. Even if it was supposed to be a compliment, it was still dirty.

I should expect those types of things to come out of his mouth after knowing him so long, but they always seem to catch me off guard and make me blush like an idiot. Is it bad that I sometimes find them flattering?

Harry’s hands rested on my hips underneath my shirt. His hands always seemed so warm and soft against my skin. Every touch made me go crazy inside, but luckily I was able to hide that on the outside.

I leaned back down to connect our lips, placing my palms flat against his chest. He removed his hands from my waist and undid the button on my shorts.

“What are-”

“You said we can’t fuck, you never said I couldn’t finger you,” he pointed out as his fingers unzipped them.

My lips parted slightly, but I didn’t get the chance to protest before he pulled me back down to kiss him. I felt his hand slip into my shorts and his fingers push my panties to the side whilst I tried desperately to focus on the kiss rather than the quickening pace of my heart as my body filled with anticipation.

I gasped as soon as I felt the first finger press inside of me. He slowly moved in and out of me as he gradually added another finger. When a third finger was pushed into me, I felt myself clenching around his fingers.

“Relax, baby,” he instructed softly.

After distracting myself by focusing on kissing, my muscles finally loosened and allowed him to keep moving his fingers.

He began to pump them into me faster, causing me to lose all concentration and rest my head against his shoulder as broken gasps and quiet moans escaped my lips.

My vocal sounds only got louder as Harry started to whisper everything he was going to do to me when he came back.

I bucked my hips towards him to try and create more friction between us as he slightly curled his fingers inside of me. A silent gasp left my mouth at the discovery of the new sensation.

“Does that feel good?” he asked in a seductive tone as he repeated the action.

Another moan escaped my lips being that I couldn’t seem to form coherent words.

“I’ll take that as a yes.”

I could practically hear the smirk in his voice as I buried my head in the crook of his neck, panting accompanied by the occasional moan.

He brought his thumb to rub against the most sensitive area whilst continuing to pump his fingers in and out of me, bringing me over the edge in less than a minute.

My chest was still heaving when I sat up straight again on his lap and he removed his fingers from inside of me.

“I would make this really dirty by having you suck on my fingers, but then I’d have to fuck you ‘cause that’d be too damn sexy.”

I turned the best I could whilst staying on his lap to reach into the compartment behind me. I took out a couple napkins, but really I only did that to hide my red cheeks.

Harry took the napkins from me and cleaned off his fingers, crunching the paper product into a ball when he was done.

I placed my lips against his before reaching down to undo his jeans. He did something for me, so it’s only fair that I do something in return…right? Honestly, I don’t know, but that’s my guess.

My actions were quickly halted by his hands going over mine. I pulled back and looked at him confused.

Why did he stop me? I figured he would have wanted something from me; now I just feel embarrassed.

“Not tonight, I don’t have enough time. I should go now actually,” he said, his mood suddenly changing.

“Why?” I questioned.

“I told you, it’s complicated.”

Complicated my ass. I want an actual explanation.

“At least tell me why you can’t come back with me, and don’t say it’s complicated,” I demanded whilst crossing my arms over my chest.

Harry sighed, “I think I’m still being watched.”