Chapter Thirty-two

New Year’s Eve. That’s what it was today. We haven’t even decided what we’re doing tonight, but I know Harry said we could still go out if I wanted to.

The only problem is, I don’t know where the heck to go. Maybe I should just tell Harry to pick the place. Yeah, that sounds like a plan to me.

We had resolved the Allie issue the same night it happened and I still remember exactly what Harry told me about his family that night as well. He was put on trial for the murder of his own family because his fingerprints were on the weapon used. The frightened look in his eyes when he said that he started to believe them because he knew he was drunk and maybe he was more wasted then he thought would never leave my mind.

I knew that he would never kill anyone just for the heck of it, especially not his own family. I’m so relieved that there wasn’t a significant amount of evidence against him in which case they had to let him go. If that hadn’t happened, he would be behind bars right now and I never would have met him at all.

I’ve grown into having him in my life and I don’t want to know what it would have been like without him in it. He’s a big part of my life now and I’d prefer it to stay that way. We have the crazy ups and downs, but so far we’ve pulled through them all.

“Harry?” I called through the flat, not sure of where he was.

“Kitchen,” he responded.

I made my way into the kitchen only to see Harry struggling with the dishwasher. I walked over and took the plate out of his hand before he broke something.

“People hand-wash things for a reason,” I told him with an amused smile as I set the plate in the sink and turned the water on.

“Smart ass,” he grumbled.

“Excuse me?” I turned to face him, ignoring the running water.

“You’re excused,” he replied with a smile.

I quickly grabbed the hose from the sink and pressed my thumb against the handle, squirting water all over Harry’s shirt. He tried to grab the hose, so I released the force my thumb had applied and brought my hand back out of his reach.

Instead of coming at me like I thought he would, he took his shirt off. My eyes travelled down his torso to his v-line and low cut jeans. God, why does he do this to me? I brought my bottom lip between my teeth as my eyes raked back up his body to his full, pink lips.

“What’s wrong, baby? Can’t resist me shirtless?” His lips curved up into that all-too-familiar smirk.

“You should check your ego, that much cockiness can’t be good for you,” I said, turning the tables on him whilst I turned back to the sink and put the hose back, turning the faucet off as well.

Suddenly, his hands rested on my hips, “I think you rather like my cock,” he brought his lips to my ear and his voice to a whisper, “especially when it’s inside you.”