32. On The Road Again

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Whatever part you come out for, just make sure you are there when we sing 18, alright."

"Okay, but can I ask why 18?"

He smirks. "It's a surprise, you'll have to wait and see."

"Okay Styles, I will make sure I am there. Will you know where I'm standing? I don't know this arena so I don't know where-"

"I'll find you. Don't you worry your sweet little heart. I always find you in the crowds, don't I?"

I smile at him knowing full well that he will find me. I could be sitting anywhere in the crowd of of 80,000+ people and Harry would be able to spot me. 

"You do. Always."

"How is Zayn today? Did he seem alright to you? I really want to go see him."

"Liam and Louis are also out there."

I nod. "Yeah, I know and I will see them too. But you know Zayn and I have always been close."

"I don't know what mood he's in Hailey. If you want to speak to the guy then go speak to him." He sits down on the lounge and pulls out his phone. "Shut the door on your way out. I am calling my mum."

"Why do you always get angry at me when I mention Zayn?"

"How many times do I have to tell you? He's the reason why I lost you."

I close my eyes and let out a long sigh whilst shaking my head. When I open my eyes I walk over to the door and open it. "Don't worry, I'll shut it on my way out" I say as I step through the doorframe and close it behind me. 

As if it is perfect timing, I see Zayn walk across the room from the water table with a cup in his hands. He looks over at me and does a double take. He quickly looks away from me and keeps walking. After taking three more steps, he stops walking and turns around to face my direction. 

I wave at him.

His lips are pressed together and they curve upwards into a small smile. He looks so sad. I am standing about ten metres away from him but I can still see the sadness in his eyes. I start walking over to him and he meets me in the middle of the room.

"Hi" I say to him when we are only a metre away from each other. Usually I would hug him but now I am hesitant. His arms remain by his side with his cup in his right hand. His shoulders are raised and his head his leaning forward. He doesn't look like he wants to be hugged. 

"You look well" he looks me up and down before keeping his eyes on mine. He smiles at me once again and it looks forced. Zayn and I never smile at each other with force. Our emotions and conversations flow effortlessly. 

"Thank you." I pause and contemplate whether or not I should say what I am about to say. Who am I kidding? Of course I am going to say it. I never hold back. "Is this how it's going to be now. You and me whenever we see each other?"

"It's how it should be. I don't know why you want to talk to me at all. I fucked up your life."

"You didn't fuck up my life. Sure the situation you put me in wasn't ideal but Harry and I breaking up wasn't completely your fault. If it was, don't you think we would be back together by now seeing as the truth came out months ago?"

He shrugs. "I don't know. I just seem to fuck everything up these days."

"How's Perrie?"

"On a holiday with her family."

"Is that where you were before you flew to Australia?"

He shakes his head and takes a sip of his water. "No."