127: Weights.

Finley's P.O.V.

I ran up to my dad and basically jumped into his arms when I saw him

"Hey sweetheart." He said as he squeezed me tighter.

"I missed you so much." I cried, not wanting to let go. "I'm sorry for everything. I shouldn't have left the Mezzarin. I just thought I was doing the right thing. I'm sorry for disobeying you and for not listening to you. I should've listened. I just-"

"Fin, calm down." He insisted. "Its alright. I'm not worried about any of that. I'm more concerned as to how you're holding up."

"I'm alright." I replied as we took a seat on the couch. "I miss them though."

"And your brother?"

"He only comes out of his room maybe once or twice a day. I wanna talk to him but I don't know what to say. I've been at a loss for words the whole time. Everyone has. I have no idea how we're gonna move on from this."

"I know it seems like there's no point to anything anymore but we'll get through this. I never thought I'd lose two of my kids but it happened and I've lost so much hope because of it. And now the little hope I have is barely hanging by a thread. But had I lost you and Fido as well, there's no way I'd even be breathing right now. Don't dread over how you've lost. Instead be appreciative of who's still here. At least you still have Fido to confide in. And as close as you two have always been, this will bring you even closer to one another. I have no doubt about it."

"How about you?" I asked him out if nowhere. "How are you holding up?"

He paused for a moment as if to think of how to answer.

I expected a simple "Yes" or "No" but that's not what I got.

"A fathers job is to provide guidance to his children. To protect them. I've never felt like more of a failure than I do now."

"No dad don't say that. You've never once failed us. You've taught us everything awe know and made sure that we'd be ready to take on life. When mom left, you took on the responsibility by yourself of raising all four of us. You didnt give up on us. You made sure we had everything we needed and more and you always protected us and kept us safe. You raised us alone and we grew up to be good people. This was all out of your hands so don't say you failed us because you didn't. You're such a hero to me and I admire you more than anyone else on the planet. As does Fido. As did Farah and Falcon. You're the best role model anyone could have in their life. You're beyond sweet, you care for everyone, you've always had high morals, you're so humble, extremely brave, you always look for the best in people... And those are all things that you've passed on to us. Well, except the sweet part, none of us are really sweet. Back to the point though, you did everything you were supposed to do for us and more. And like I said, this was out of your hands."

"But there's still a part of me that feels Like I could've done something had I been here you know?"

"Dad we had Cato and Milo and the others trying to fight them off and they still got hurt... Who's to say you wouldn't have been struck with a bullet yourself and killed? Losing my brother and sister is one thing. But losing my dad, the person I admire the most, is unfathomable to me."