167: Expectations.

Brooklyn's P.O.V.

The landing was trash

It wasnt nearly as bad as the typical landings in the battle matrix but it was still pretty bad as I, and a few others, broke something in the process.

We all waited around for about 10 minites until Apollo and Kaiser finished healing everyone that had gotten injured.

Once they were done we all gathered about while the leaders spoke.

"Don't let this intimidate you." Apollo said to all of us. "I'll admit, I'm a little nervous too.... And that says a lot coming from possibly the cockiest and most confident person to have ever lived. But there are 357 of us here right now. And I know what every single one of you are capable of. The majority of you aren't even above the age of 18 yet.... And 22 of you are just kids under 10 years old. But throughout my three lives in this world, I've never seen a group of people as talented, skilled, united, and capable as you all are. A lot of you have only seen me about two or three times. Some of you have known me for as long as you can remember. Yet all of you know me as a demanding, rude and insensitive, 'tough love' kind of guy. I've only been so harsh on you so that when a moment like this came,   you wouldn't be shocked as to how cruel life can be. I'm an ass. Life's an ass. This entire situation we're in is ass. But it's nothing that we can't pull ourselves out of."

"It's gonna be hard." Said Parrish. "We're gonna lose people. But I have faith in every last one of you."

"No matter the outcome," Milo began, "We couldn't be more proud of the heights you've all reached."

"And remember, now's the time to have each other's back like no other." Mia insisted.

Everyone looked around at one another with a slight look of fear in our eyes.

Kaiser was holding Iris's hand as she squeezed his hand as if her life depended on it.

Jade held onto Troilus' arm as she shook a bit out of nervousness.

Manu and Liza had their arms linked together with the same look of uneasiness that everyone else had.

Apollo looked at Raes and nodded his head as if to signal for him to speak.

Raes caught on and spoke.

"I call onto Gaia,whose name is praised in every land, whose voice is heard in dreams of prophecy, whose vengeance falls upon the murderer, who bears the weight of sorrow with serenity and strength, born from the void of Chaos, primeval prophetess,
the Greek great earth mother who brought to life all who live upon the earth, creator of gods, of mortal men and beasts. Grant us the gift of Divine Grace to protect and conquer. Concentrate our powers and strengthen the bodies that wield them. Purify our minds and secure our hearts that the blood it circulates remains pure and incorruptible.
Cleanse our souls from doubt and from every importuning temptation.
Make fear a stranger and make compassion and sacrifice our staunch companions. Render us a willing implement of justice and mercy.
Give us strength beyond our strength 
to persevere past all impossibility.
Be with us, mother Gaia, as you send our souls to war."