Chapter 78: Dark Days

Ava's P.O.V.

We'd been walking around for 2 hours and had yet to come across anything or anyone.

Our suits had only vibrated twice signaling that two deaths within the matrix had already taken place.

"It seriously feels like we've been walking in circles." Said Dale.

"We'll find something eventually..." I stated in assurance. "We just have to keep walking."

"Its been two hours..."Complained Brooklyn.

Kai was walking ahead of the three of us and hardly even said a word.

"What's wrong with him?" Asked Brooklyn.

"Why dont you ask him, nimwit." Said Dale.

"Shut up assface."

"Can you two stop insulting each other for 5 minutes?" I asked them.

"Its not my fault he always has some kind of rude ass comment." Brooklyn stated.

"Its not my fault she always reacts to my rude ass comments." Dale retorted.

"You know what, next time a fucking jaguar attacks you I'm NOT gonna save you."

"I don't need you to save me anyways you peasant."

"SHUT UP!!!!" She snapped as she literally charged at Dale and started punching the crap out of him.

"Guys cut it out!" I demanded but Brooklyn just wasnt hearing it, aiming directly at his face as it was the only part of his body that wasn't covered by the suit.

"I'm sick and tired of your stupid ass mouth!!!" She continued.

"Monkey do something!" I yelled to Kai.

He simply looked at them fighting and continued walking away.

I ran up to him and grabbed his arm to spin him around. "KAISER!"

He groaned and reluctantly walked over to the two of them, picking Brooklyn as if she was as light as a feather and putting her down near a tree.

"You need to calm down." He said to her then turned to face Dale who I was helping up as he held onto the side of his face in pain. "And you need to keep your mouth shut."

He then proceeded to keep walking which only irritated me even more because he was being so isolated.

"Kai!"

"What!?" He yelled... But he kept fucking walking.

That was it. I couldn't take it anymore.

I ran in front of him and lashed out.

"What the hell is wrong with you!?"

"Why does it matter!?"

"Because you've been acting like a dick lately!"