118: It Was A Bloodbath.

Milo's P.O.V.

"Any idea as to when they're gonna wake up? Its been over 18 hours and none of them have done so much as move

"Any idea as to when they're gonna wake up? Its been over 18 hours and none of them have done so much as move." Said Logan.

We were in the main infirmary room of the Mezzarin which held all 39 of the injured demis so that we could keep an eye on all of them at once.

Raes and Harley were in individual rooms since their conditions were more critical.

"Once again Logan, I'm not sure when any of them will gain consciousness. I know your worried about your brothers but they'll be find. The blast wasn't strong enough to kill them."

"It wasn't strong enough to kill them yet it literally knocked my uncle Raes unconscious after he did it... You can't tell me that blast wasn't strong."

"I didn't say it wasn't strong. It was very strong. Had it been any stronger there would have been a few demis who would have lost their lives. Like I said though, don't worry. Give it another few hours and they'll start waking up."

He nodded his head then walked back over to where Hudson and Kaiser were.

I went back to the control unit to make sure everyone's vitals were okay. A few had increased heart rates but that was about it so things were looking good so far.

"Tell me something..." Said Cato as he walked up to me. "How is it that the majority of them were a mile out from the facility yet still ended up in this situation."

"They underestimated Raes." I replied. "That's on us though. We should have told them."

"Mistakes happen."

"So what's next? David's dead. Do you think Raes will stop now?"

"Do you think the president will call off the war even if Raes stops? The only way out of this is for one side to win. I know you're a peacemaker, Milo. And I know that violence isn't your think. But you can't hold off forever. You will have to step in at some point. As one of the leaders of SAGE, its your obligation to sustain the wellbeing of your people and the only way to do that now is to fight. Someone has to win."

"I've been around long enough to know that life comes with exceptions. Our choices aren't confined to just winning or losing. Having that mindset leads to an 'us vs them' mentality. I was once told that by someone who was known for his wisdom. And that same person lies dead while the very thing he stood against is being done in his name."

He smiled and folded his arms in front of him.

"Iapetus would be proud of you. When's the last time you even talked to your father?"

"Doesn't matter."

"You should really let go of the past Milonius. You can't avoid him forever."

"No but I can for a while longer. Why do you even care if I avoid him?"

"I don't. All I'm saying is that its time to let bygones be bygones."