Chapter 35: Giving Fuel To A Monster.

Max's P.O.V.

I'd just got out of a meeting and was heading towards my truck when suddenly Rome jogged up me.

"Yo big daddy what's up?" He asked with a grin... A grin that quickly faded when he noticed the sternness on my face.

"Oh come on uncle Max, lighten up

"Oh come on uncle Max, lighten up. I know the world has gone into chaos recently but that doesn't mean you have to be a grouch."

"Roman you don't understand how serious this is."

"Of course I do. But all you have to do is talk to uncle Raes. Find out why he's doing all of this then get him to stop."

"I already know why he's doing it." I said.

Very few people knew why Raes was lashing out.

I wanted to keep everything as confidential as I could.

"Why is he doing it then?" Rome questioned.

Just as I was about to break the news to him my phone started ringing.

"Hello?" I answered when I saw that it was Grayson.

"You need to come to the Rift here in France as soon as you can." He stated, worry consumed his voice.

"Why what's going on?"

"It'll be easier to explain in person. And bring Roman with you. Its important."

Rome smiled when he heard his name.

"Looks like we're partners for the day." He retorted. "Although I was really hoping for a longer vacation from that place. Living in France gets annoying after 12 years."

"You're in the CIA." I reminded him. "You don't get a vacation."

"Only because you refuse to give me one." He mumbled. "Which isn't fair because you gave Grayson one."

"Well Grayson isn't the one that called the president of Iran a circus monkey right to his face."

"In my defense-"

"Shut up and get in the truck."

"A please would've been nice.... Geez."

                                  ...

Cassidy's P.O.V.

"How is he?" Asked Elise as she came into the room.