child abuse/neglect

i guess this is a rant about child abuse/neglect???

oK SO WHEN A COUPLE CHOOSES TO HAVE A CHILD THEY HAVE TO UNDERSTAND THAT THEY ARE TAKING ON A HUGE RESPONSIBILITY.

UNFORTUNATELY SOME PARENTS DONT UNDERSTAND THAT.

FOR EXAMPLE, SOME PARENTS DO NOT SPEND THEIR MONEY WISELY, RESULTING IN STARVATION AND OTHER THINGS. LIKE IF THEY SPEND THEIR MONEY BUYING DRUGS AND SHIT FOR THEMSELVES.

AND IT'S OK TO GET DRUNK ONCE IN A WHILE, BUT NOT EVERY NIGHT.

WHEN PEOPLE (PARENTS) ARE DRUNK THEY TEND TO NOT REALIZE WHAT THEYRE DOING. THEY CAN GET ANGRY AND HIT THEIR CHILD AND IT'S NOT FUCKING RIGHT.

ITS NOT RIGHT WHEN A CHILD HAS TO GO TO SCHOOL AND MAKE UP SOME BS LIE TO THE TEACHER ABOUT WHY MY EYE IS BLACK OR WHY MYLIP IS CUT JUST BECAUSE THEYRE AFRAID THEY'LL BE PUT IN A GROUP HOME OR SOMETHING

AS A PARENT, YOU HAVE TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR ACTIONS.

YOU CANT BE A SHITTY PARENT. IT'S JUST UNACCEPTABLE.

YOU HAVE TO BE A GOOD ROLE MODEL. IF YOU GROW UP IN A HOUSE OF SMOKERS AND ALCOHOLICS, CHANCES ARE YOU'LL BE A SMOKER AND ALCOHOLIC, YES I KNOW IT'S NOT CERTAIN YOU WILL BE BUT STUDIES SHOW THEY'RES AN INCREASED RISK.

AND I DONT UNDERSTAND HOW A PARENT COULD HIT THEIR CHILD WHILE SOBER EITHER.

WHY WOULD YOU EVER HURT SOMEONE YOURE SUPPOSE TO LOVE AND PROTECT?

WHY WOULD YOU HURT SOMEONE WHO LOOKS UP TO YOU?

i'm going to tell you a story

there is a person i know had a pretty good life growing up. when her parents divorced is when things got tough for her and reality hit her like a brick.

her father abused prescription drugs and her mom drank away her problems.

after a year her father finally sobered up and she thought things were looking on the bright side, but instead he found a girlfriend and her family. his new family. yeah they still talking and say each other occasionally but their relationship has never been the same.

meanwhile her mom was drinking more and more and the girl thought it was her fault.

when the mom started hitting her she knew it was her fault.

and with all that happening she was getting teased at school as well.

after two hellish years she tried to kill herself may 5th of 2014.

luckily, her friend saved her and she received treatment for depression and anxiety and all that.

but all the doctors asked her "whats life like at home?" you know, typical procedure questions.

and no matter how much she wanted to say she hates it, lives a painful, horrible life at home she lied, almost.

"it's pretty normal"

because nowadays, child abuse is more common then it seems. and that is not ok.

-triona aka tri aka @alltimecalum