Mini Drabble LXXXIII: Weight Whiplash

Shelby stared at herself in the wall mirror of the bathroom, placing her hands on her stomach. "I'm so fat."

After getting ready for the day and putting on actual clothes, Shelby returned to the mirror. "Maybe I look okay." She said with a small undertone of optimism.

Shelby stared at the plate of nachos America made them for lunch, debating whether she should eat them or not.

America raised a brow. "Are you... okay?"

Shelby huffed. "Fuck it. I'M PERFECT THE WAY I AM!" She shouted to herself, grabbing a fist full of nachos and flopping on the couch.

America eyed her uneasily. "Okay..."

Shelby had returned to the mirror. She now had tears in her eyes. "I'm fucking disgusting I'm losing weight right now." She cried, storming away to change into jogging clothes.

After returning from her run, Shelby laid in the middle of the living room, staring up the ceiling. "I am more then my weight." She assured herself breathlessly.

Shelby popped open a can of pop. "Who the fuck cares about anything?"

Shelby slammed her face into the mirror, in tears again. "I AM SO FAT!"

Shelby was now back in front of the mirror, dressed up for the world meeting. "I don't even care, curves are beautiful." She flipped her hair. "I am beautiful."

Shelby sat in Alfred's car, curled up in a ball in the passenger seat, unable to will her blob body into the World meeting, her cheeks stained with eyeliner and mascara. "I hate myself."

Alfred pressed his face to the window. "Shelby please come out of the car it's like 80 degrees outside."

"Leave me here to die." Shelby said just loud enough for Alfred to hear.

He huffed and yanked the car door open, scooping her up and carrying her into the building. "I can take you into the bathroom to clean your face or I can take you straight into the meeting."

"Bathroom." She whispered.

"You should probably stop giving yourself whiplash by the way."

"I'll live the way I wish."