CXIV. One School [21 Chump Street Crossover]

CAST

NARRATOR - DENNIS READER

JUSTIN LABOY - SPENCER FERRELL

JUSTIN'S FRIENDS - HAYDEN NEUFELD ; TERRANCE NGUYEN ; SAMUEL SEAL

"NAOMI RODRIGUEZ" - "AMELIA JONES"

Amelia sat cross-armed at the table, Dennis across from her with a clipboard. The blonde looked rather distressed and uncomfortable.

"I didn't say yes." She stated defiantly. "I didn't say I'll think about it. I can't tell you my real name... But yes, I can confirm that I did get asked to the prom."

Dennis began reading over his background notes. "The undercover officer who played Amelia is 25 years old. A new recruit at the Palm Beach Police Force."

Amelia sighed. "My assignment: to pose as a senior and find out who's buying, who's selling. Mostly pills and weed. You would not believe how easy it is to get pills and weed..."

Dennis tilted his head in curiosity. "What's the hardest part?"

Amelia snorted. "The cafeteria. Imagine hundreds of teenagers yelling and running full speed, and the lack of deodorant..." she shivered, "let's just say I would drink at the end of the day."

Amelia stood and took a deep breath, looking miserable as she looked over at Spencer on the other end of the stage, oblivious as he did his work. "Seriously, these kids need to learn there are consequences in life. If I'm doing my job, and I'm doing it right, I am making life safer one school at a time."

Dennis smiled teasingly. "So he asked you to the prom?"

Amelia smiled slightly. "Right. I gave every excuse. I said it's too expensive- which is totally true, by the way. I told him, "Look, I'm just a transfer. I wouldn't feel comfortable with all your friends." And it's true you make friends on the job, then it ends." She looked back to Spencer, guilt filling her blue irises. "You meet kids who are sensitive, smart, and defenseless. Those are the ones you remember, the ones that you think about after you're gone..."

Amelia turned away sharply. "Seriously, these kids need to learn there are consequences in life. If I'm doing my job, and I'm doing it right, I am making life safer one school at a time..."

Dennis looked to the audience as the lights moved to focus on Spencer in the classroom, whom Amelia was now walking over to. "Meanwhile..."

Spencer stared at Amelia with glazed blue eyes, a dopey smile on his face as she approached him. "What the heck I gotta doooo to be with chu?" He sang softly.

"What the heck I gotta do?" His friends echoed.

Spencer stepped towards her tentatively. "Tell me who I gotta beeeeee... For you to be with me."

Amelia stepped close to Spencer, looking up at him. "Do you smoke?"

Spencer's face flushed profusely as he stumbled backwards. "What?"

Amelia followed him, keeping her voice down. "Do you smoke weed?"

Spencer bit his lip. "No I don't." His eyes flashed suddenly, and he stepped towards her with a smile. "But if that's what you need, I can find some for you. I can be your supply."

Amelia smiled, "You would do that for me?"

Spencer nodded vigorously. "I can be your guy!" Amelia reached forward and caressed under his chin. His legs instantly wobbled and he stumbled backwards, all his visible skin completely red. "Oh!"

Amelia's smile dropped and she looked to the audience. "Seriously, these kids-"

"Yes!" Spencer cheered as he jumped around the classroom in joy.

"- need to learn there are consequences in life."

"Yo! I'll get you whatever you need!"

"If I'm doing my job, and I'm doing it right, I am making life safer one school at a time."

Spencer, still smiling, made his way over to Dennis and plopped down in the chair across from him. Dennis leaned forward. "What are you thinking as you're trying to get this pot to sell to her?"

Spencer's smile slowly faded as he came back to reality. "I'm thinking, what the heck am I doing? Cause I don't hang out with guys like that."

"So what did you do?"