XVI. Handcuffed pt. II

After the initial fighting, things settled down a bit in the dim room where France, England, 'Michigan', and 'New South Wales' were being kept. It was quite boring, actually, because the four of them were literally staring at walls. If Francis or Arthur tried to address one another, Dreamz and Shelby would butt in and tease them. The countries retaliated whenever one of them caught Shelby and Dreamz mouthing conversations to each other.

Basically, it was like locking four five year olds in the same room as punishment for not getting along.

"I can't do this any longer." Britain growled, slumping against Dreamz, who shifted angrily. "We have to escape. If I spend one more minute tied to Dreamz, I might strangle myself with my own clothing articles."

"The feelings mutual, asshat." Dreamz huffed.

"If I spend one more minute crunched up in this position, surely, my legs will fall off. Which would be a shame, considering my legs are quite a marvel to behold." France chuckled slightly.

"I'm gonna gag myself in two-point-five." Shelby grumbled.

"Maybe it would help if we stood up? You know, so we could walk to the door?" Dreamz questioned, rolling her eyes.

"Well, considering how difficult it would be to stand up with Napoleon tied to my wrists behind my back, I'd rather not. I'm just gonna yell for Alfred." Shelby decided.

"Not in my ears, I'm begging you." France whined.

That only encouraged Shelby. "ALFRED!"

"He's probably not even by near by!"

"ALFRED!"

"Shelby, please stop screaming! It's like a cheese-grater on my eardrums!"

"ALFRED!"

"Well, while they're doing a lot of nothing, we might as well get ourselves free of our predicament." England muttered to Dreamz. "If we untie our hands, or at least one hand, the endeavor of getting up would be quite easier."

"There's no way we'll be able to untie our hands. We should stand up, and break the door down." Dreamz suggested.

"Are you insane?" England inquired.

"Don't be such a pansy. Yo- we're immortal. It won't hurt us that bad." Dreamz laughed, gathering her legs to stand up. "Now, push against my back, and I'll push against your, and walk yourself up."

"Do you think he can hear me?" Shelby wondered finally.

"Mademoiselle, I am positive that every country in the entire world can hear your shouting. Now, make yourself useful and help me untie these ropes, I almost- aha!" With that, Shelby's left hand and France's right hand became free. "Now, we can turn and-"

"No, let me take care of it! I don't want you taking all the cred-"

As both France and Shelby scrambled to turn and untie the second rope, their shoes slipped against the slick floor and they stumble forward, their lips crashing together in an accidental kiss.

At the same time, Dreamz had managed to stand up faster than Arthur and he slipped, falling flat on his butt. The position Dreamz was in while he did so pulled them over his head as they stumbled backwards, letting out a small squeak as they landed on top of Arthur's "vital region".

It was at this time that the door burst open, revealing America and Australia in the door way.

"WHAT THE BLOODY HELL, ARTHUR?" Jett explained, rushing towards Dreamz and his older brother.

At the same time, Shelby pushed France away, letting out a shrill scream as she covered her face with her free hand. Her skin was beet red. France didn't seem any less shocked as his face flushed slightly as well, his lavender eyes wide with surprise.

Alfred rushed to Shelby's rescue and untied her wrist from France's. When she was free, she buried her face in Alfred's side, trying to hide the tears of embarrassment that were forming in her eyes.

"I swear, I didn't mean to do this, Jett!" Arthur urged as the Australian freed their wrists. Dreamz crawled off of England and stood, crossing their arms over their chest as they stared down at the ground. It took a lot for Dreamz to get embarrassed, but their face was flushed- although anger probably played a factor in that as well.

"I did not mean that, either, America. I may be a charmer, but I would never move in such a way on your... Well, whatever you call yourselves." France explained, his voice earnest as he stood.

"I ain't mad, mate. I'm just surprised is all. I've been scouring my place for Dreamz all day and I wasn't expecting to find them tied up to my brother that they hate." Jett explained.

"Where are we, anyways?" Dreamz inquired.

Alfred glared at the door, "Why don't you ask those two."

At that, everyone's eyes fell on the doorway, where Feliks and Cooper stood. Poland smiled deviously while New Zealand's lips twitched in the shiest of grins.

"What is the meaning of this, you two?" Arthur demanded, his brows knitting together as he glared.

Poland shrugged. "Well, I knew Shelby did not like France, and New Zealand here told me that Dreamz didn't like you, so I thought it would, like, a hilarious prank."

"This was not funny." Shelby muttered, the sound of her voice just barely audible through the fabric of Alfred's jacket.

"I, for once, agree with Michigan. This was most certainly not funny!" France exclaimed.

"You hit us all over the head and drag us here?" Dreamz questioned, their fists clenched as they held themself back from attempting to murder Feliks.

"Well, yeah? How else would I get you to Cooper's house?" Poland rolled his stark green eyes, as if the fact was obvious.

"Cooper? You participated in this?" England demanded.

Copper looked at him for a few seconds, as if debating whether to respond or not, before he simply turned and walked away.

"Oh no, you get back here, mister! There will be consequences to your actions!" Arthur took off after his younger brother.

"COOPER, I'M GONNA KICK YOUR ASS!" Dreamz screamed, taking off as well. As they ran past Poland, they landed a left hook in his stomach, before continuing their chase.

Poland's eyes widened angrily. "Hey! You can't, like, punch me! I am Queen of Central Europe!" He shouted, taking off after Dreamz. Jett could now no longer contain his laughter as he jogged out after them.

France walked over to America and Shelby. "I truly am sorry, Miss Michigan. I did not mean to kiss you without consent." He apologized, holding out his hand to her. Shelby glanced up from Alfred's jacket, and slowly reached out, taking the country's hand.

France smiled. "I see you are not as scary and angry as you first led on, oui?"

She lifted herself away from Alfred, wiping her moisture away from her eyes with her free hand, her face still red. "I like to use the word 'passionate'." She muttered.

"Ahh, then me and you are not so different after all!" France explained. "For you see, passion defines my entire being! It is not surprising that you are as well. After all, you were once territory of New France." He gave her a teasing wink, before letting go of her hand. He turned, making his way towards the door. "Farewell, my friends!"

Alfred looked at Shelby in surprise. "Wait, you're Canadian?"

Shelby huffed, taking Alfred's hand as they walked out of the room. "No, I am not Canadian. Michigan is not part of Canada."

"... But it was."

"Well, it's not anymore."

"... But... It was..."

"Alfred. Just stop."