LXXXVIII. Story of Tonight (Reprise) [Hamilton Crossover]

Because Hayden and Andrew have the same last name, and that can't work for this Drabble, Andrew's last name was altered a bit to Newfield. Sorry Ananalise :(
__________________

CAST

JOHN LAURENS - SPENCER FERRELL

HERCULES MULLIGAN - TERRANCE NGUYEN

MARQUIS DE LAFAYETTE - ANDREW NEWFIELD

ALEXANDER HAMILTON - DENNIS READER

AARON BURR - HAYDEN NEUFELD

"I may not live to see our glory," Spencer sang, raising a glass of beer as he spoke to his group of friends, Terrance Nguyen, Andrew Newfield, and Dennis Reader. They were in a pub for Reader's wedding reception, which had emptied out as the night went on. All of them were fairly wasted and flushed in the face.

"I may not live to see our glory!" Nguyen and Newfield sang along, rocking back and forth as they held onto each other's sides, their free hands each holding a pint of beer.

"But I've seen wonder great and small." Ferrell hiccuped.

"I've seen wonders great and small!" Nguyen and Newfield echoed.

Ferrell stumbled forward, grabbing onto Reader's shoulder and leaning against him, laughing, "'Cause if the tomcat can get married!"

"If Dennis can get married," Nguyen and Newfield sang gaily.

"There's hope for our ass, after all!" Ferrell shouted, pushing Reader playfully.

Newfield stepped forward, "Raise a glass to freedom!" He sang in his beautiful French accent, raising a glass.

"Hey!" Ferrell and Nguyen raised their's as well, "Something you will never see again!"

Nguyen lurched forward, grabbing the front of Reader's shirt, "No matter what she tells you!" He cried.

Newfield shoved Nguyen away from the laughing groom, chuckling. "Let's have another round tonight!"

Ferrell stepped forward again, "Raise a glass to the four of us!"

"Ho!" Newfield and Reader yelled, laughing as they grabbed hold of each other, spinning around slightly as they all stumbled from the impact.

Nguyen punched Reader in the shoulder. "To the newly not poor of us!"

"Woo!" The other three cheered.

"We'll tell the story of tonight!" Newfield cheered.

Ferrell examined his now empty pint, "Let's have another round!"

As his friends goofed around, Reader saw someone walk past the door of the room. He staggered over, peering out and seeing his friend, Hayden Neufeld, making his way down the hall. "Well, if it isn't Hayden Neufeld."

Neufeld turned, and smiled awkwardly. "Sir!"

"I didn't think that you would make it!" Reader smiled, leaning against the wall.

Neufeld walked back over to him, "To be sure."

Nguyen, Newfield, and Ferrell, who had all meandered unsteadily over to doorway, glared at the newcomer. Nguyen and Newfield tilted their heads, watching the man with glazed eyes, "Neufeld."

Neufeld attempted to ignore them, "I came to say congratulations!"

"Spit a verse, Neufeld!" Nguyen called in a slurred manner.

Neufeld looked over at the trio nervously. "I see the whole gang is here."

Newfield grabbed Neufeld's shoulder, putting his lips close to his ear, "You are the worse, Neufeld."

Reader shoved the blonde away, smiling. "Ignore them! Congrats to you, Lieutenant Colonel, I wish I had your command instead of manning George's journal."

Neufeld shook his head, "No, you don't."

Reader flushed, "Yes, I do!"

Neufeld placed a hand on his shoulder. "Now, be sensible. From what I hear, you've made yourself indispensable."

"WELL!" Ferrell yelled suddenly, falling flat on his face, before scrambling up and leaning against Neufeld, his eyes teasing, his smile amorous. "Well, I heard you've got a special someone on the side, Neufeld."

Reader raised a brow. "Is that so?"

Neufeld was looking increasingly uncomfortable as Ferrell continued, getting ever closer to his face, "What're you trying to hide, Neufeld?"

Neufeld wriggled away from Ferrell, "I should go."

Reader shook his head, "No, these guys should go!" He gathered up his friends by their shirts and shoved them back in the bar. They stumbled, Nguyen falling on his face.

"What?" Newfield demanded.

"No!" Ferrell whined.

"Leave us alone!" Reader laughed, closing the door on them.

"Man!" Nguyen shouted just before the door closed on them.

Reader turned back to Neufeld, "It's alright, Neufeld. I wish you'd brought this girl with you tonight, Neufeld."

Neufeld flashed a strained smile. "You're very kind, but I'm afraid it's unlawful, sir."

Reader raised a brow, "What do you mean?"

Neufeld looked to his feet. "She's married."

"... I see."

"She's married to a British officer."

"Oh shit..."

Again, Neufeld managed to smile, despite how sad he obviously was about the subject, "Congrats again, Dennis. Smile more. I'll see you on the other side of the war."

Reader shook his head in disbelief. "I... Will never understand you. If you love this woman, go get her. What are you waiting for?"

Neufeld ignored him, turning and continuing down the hall. "I'll see you on the other side of the war."

"... I'll see you on the other side of the war."