XXXVII: Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue

WOW THIS ONLY TOOK ME MONTH TO WRITE SO SORRY IT SUCKS

YOU MAY JUST WANNA PEEK BACK AND SKIM THROUGH THE LAST CHAPTER JUST TO REFRESH YOUR MEMORY REAL QUICK
______________
Song: Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue by Toby Keith

"You know, I've always had this issue." Shelby muttered as she leaned over the side of America's pool, gliding her fingers over the surface of the water slowly. "I never even think about people's feelings. Its almost like I forget people have them."

From the water emerged a white whale, which blew mist from it's spout in order to the breath the oxygen. It emitted a growl-like humming sound.

"Well, yeah, I have feelings. But they don't do anything for me. They just sit there an make me all... Emotional." She muttered, turning on her back, causing some of her hair to fall into the water. "This isn't about me, though. This is about Alfred. How am I supposed to make it up to him? Can I even make it up to him? Ugh, he'll never forgive me for this. Singing a song about the Revolutionary War from the perspective of King George is on the list of things NOT to do when your best friend is the personification of the United States." She rambled, crossing her arms over her chest and closing her eyes. The whale forced more air out of his spout.

"Start with an apology? Well, yeah, but words can only do so much. This really hurt him, Walter. Oh, you should have seen the look on his face..." Her voice shook as she covered her face with her hands. "I have to apologize in a big way. It has to be loud, extravagant, something phenomenal and boisterous that only Alfred F. Jones could appreciate it." She said, dragging her hands from her face, her blue eyes set in determination. "But what would fit the bill..."

The whale let out a loud song, and splashed Shelby with a huge, salty wave, causing her to shout and shoot up from her spot on the deck, only to shout as she lost balance and fell into the water. She popped back up, coughing violently as she swam the edge of the pool, where she hung her head. "Okay, next time you have a good idea, you need to tell me calmly. Please." She muttered, before coughing again.

America peered out of his bedroom, before stepping out fully and shuffling to Shelby's bedroom, where he pushed the cracked door open gently. "Shelbs? You in there?" He inquired, his voice still rather hoarse from the emotions of the day. The teen's room, however, was empty. The radio she had plugged her phone into to play the song was still on, but with nothing to play, it belted out static. The light was off, however, showing that Shelby had left the room consciously and wasn't kidnapped (as Hope kindly pointed out to the pair of Americans that the Michigander had a habit of getting picked up by strangers... And Poland). The red cape she had danced with lay spread out of the floor, and leaning against the wall, completely crumpled and caved in on one side, was the crown she wore.

His frown deepened, and he stepped inside, unplugging the radio and picking up the crown, turning it slowly as he assessed the damage of the accessory. He glanced at the red wall, where there was a visible chip in the paint, likely where the crown had made contact. He let out a sad sigh, turning out of the room with the crown still in his hands, making his way to the living room. "Shelby? Where'd you go..." His sentence trailed off as he arrived in the room, where AmeriCat sat, slapping a letter that sat on the floor. Alfred picked it up slowly, opening it to reveal Shelby's penmanship.

Dear Alfred,

Meet me at the place where you held your birthday carnival... Please. I know you're upset with me right now, but you're gonna have to trust me.

~Shelby

America pursed his lips, his eyes falling to the floor in thought. He was upset with Shelby at the moment... But Alfred didn't have the heart to hold a grudge like Shelby can. Not when so much seemed to be going wrong lately. He didn't really want to lose his Shelbaraptor too. Even if she did his hurt feelings, he was positive they would be able to work out their issues like they always have. Taking a deep breath, he snatched up the note, grabbed his keys, and left the house.