XII. Chibi!America

"That bloody wanker!" Arthur seethed, glaring at the dusty mirror in front of him. His bright green eyes churned with irritation, his thick eyebrows furrowed and low. He was dressed in formal entire, being he just got back from a world meeting. "He thinks he's so mature." He mocked, disgust in his tone as he turned away and stormed into his living room. "Why, his country has barely existed for 200 years! What does he know about politics or solving world issues! He's a child!"

France glanced up from the book he was reading from his seat on the couch. "He may be a child to you, mon amie, but he's a world power. His ideas must be heard whether you wish to accept them or not." He stated in a rather bored tone, making it obvious that he had heard this rant a hundred times before.

"But he's immature! He's rash, egoistical, only thinks of his own country-"

"Arthur, you need to breathe."

"GOD DAMNIT, FRANCIS, I AM BREATHING!"

"Would like me to make some tea? Would that make you feel better?"

"YES I WOULD LOVE SOME TEA."

"Alright, just try and calm down, amour. I will return with the tea." France smiled, walking off to the kitchen.

Arthur watched him leave, his muscles still ridged with anger at his younger brother. He wasn't fit to have such authority. He was only a child.

Only a child.

A wicked smile flashed on his face, and he raced to his room. "I'll show that twit just how grown up he is."

~~ Two hours later ~~

"Alfred!" Shelby shouted, knocking on the country's door. "Come on, I got the movie! Let pop this sucker in and watch it!"

No answer.

"Al, seriously, you know I hate standing in front of your house like an idiot. Open up!"

Again, no answer. She couldn't even hear his footsteps approaching the door.

Sighing in frustration, she slowly turned the doorknob and stepped inside. The country never kept his door locked during the day, which made no sense to the teen, but it came in handy when America decided not to come to the door.

"You're an ass, you know that?" She yelled, setting the movie on the table. "One of these days, I'm gonna walk into something you don't want me to see, right? Right." Shelby continued on with herself, since no one was answering her.

"Oh, don't trouble yourself, Alfred. I'll get the popcorn ready." She said loudly, making her way into the kitchen.

She stopped dead in her tracks.

Standing in the middle of the kitchen floor, covered in microwaved popcorn and buttery oil was a small child with chubby cheeks, big blue eyes, and blonde hair with a little cowlick sticking up above the rest of the greasy mop. He was wearing a oversized sweater, and he stared at her nervously, before speaking in a high pitched voice, "I tried to have popcorn ready before you came, but I spilled it when I tried to reach for a bowl." He explained, still holding an empty popcorn bag in his fat fists.

Shelby took a step back. "Alfred... There's a small child in your kitchen..."

The child stomped his foot. "Shelby!" He whined. "I am Alfred!"

The brunette knew that. As soon as she saw those sky blue eyes, she knew it was Alfred. But she just didn't want to believe it. She couldn't quite wrap her head around it. "How- when- WHAT?" She stuttered, getting gradually louder as she went. "HOW DO YOU TURN INTO A CHILD?"