Mini Drabble LXVIII: Water Wars- The Brackets

"Thank you all for meeting me here today." England stated. In front of him stood 32 people, 8 of which were mortals. The other 24 were personified countries just like England, from all over the globe.

"Make this quick. I want to go home, aru." China stated.

Sammi elbowed him. "Don't be rude."

"Thank you, Sammi." England nodded. In front of him was a table. To the far left of the table was a bingo ball, but instead of containing different numbers and letters to the game, it was filled with folded pieces of paper. Directly in front of England was a large board with a series of brackets.

"Now, I have come to realize that some of us have been having a rough year. Thaovy has revealed to me some of her struggles to me, but I am aware of other issues floating among the group." Canada and Hope shifted, and Shelby looked to the ground.

"So, to have a bit of fun, I devised a game." England explained.

"You know what fun is?" Australia teased.

England glared, but chose to ignore his rowdy younger brother. "You will be put in groups of 4 and fight one other group in your bracket of the Water Wars. Whichever team has the most outs by the end of three days will be eliminated. The winning team with move through the brackets. At the end of 9 days, we will have a winner."

"Whoa. This sounds fun!" America cheered.

"It is indeed. Now, I will name the team based off this google doc PDF I founded entitled Water Wars, so we don't waste time figuring out names."

"Fair enough." Hope nodded.

"First group will be..." he spun the ball and picked out a piece of paper, "Michigan," again, "Seborga,"

"No." Shelby shook her head.

"Awww, don't be so angry, bella!" Seborga smiled.

"No. I want out." Shelby stated.

England ignored her and picked the next name. "Germany, and... Romano."

"No!" Romano screamed, clinging to Taylor like a frightened cat. "No! God no! You take that back, you caterpillar-eyebrowed, burnt food scented bastard!"

Again, England pretended to be deaf. "And your team name will be..." he held back a small snicker. "H2Hoes."

"No!" Shelby yelled.

Sebastian shrugged. "I know what I am."

"The group going against H2Hoes is... Thaovy... Australia... New Zealand..."

"Why does God continue to punish me?" New Zealand muttered as Australia laughed and shoved his brother, causing him to fall over.

"And France. Your team name is... Drippin'."

"I like it." Thaovy smiled.

"Next team is... Saskatchewan... Spain..." Annalise's eyebrows wiggled, "Denmark... and Hong Kong. You're team name is... er, Hash Slinging Splashers?"

"Perfect!" Denmark laughed, and Hong Kong snickered.

"They'll go against... New South Wales... Russia... Romania... and America."

"Nope. I will not be on the Communist team." America crossed his arms.

"We are technically not communists anymore." Romania winked.

"I still don't like you though." Russia smiled sweetly.

"Your team name will be..." England smiled and glared at Dreamz. "Slip n' Sluts."

"What is that supposed to mean?" Dreamz demanded.

"Next team is... Malta... Luxembourg... China... and Mexico. Your team name is The Squirtles. They'll go against... Manitoba... Belgium... Austria... and Canada." The former couple casted an awkward glance at each other. "They'll be Soak and Seizure."

"Next team is... Texas... Japan... Prussia... and Italy."

"Why do I have a bunch of babies on my team?" Prussia complained.

"You'll be the El Chapo Gang. They'll go agains the remaining four, which I believe are Guangdong, Poland, Iceland, and Norway."

"Please no." Iceland whispered.

"You'll be the Super Squirters." England clapped his hands together. "That's the first bracket. You have two hours to prepare yourself. After that, the first round begins. Good luck!"