Mini Drabble XIII: Pranked- Hong Kong and China

Sammi was already at China's house when Yào and Loung arrived back home from the World Meeting.

"Sammi, how are you still sleeping, aru? It is already 9 o'clock!"

Sammi moaned, rolling over in her bed. "And? I'm still tired..."

"No, Samantha! Get up now!" The voice replied excitedly as the door swung open. Within seconds, the country flopped onto her bed, laughing as he tried to jostle the mortal awake.

She laughed, pushing what she had presumed to be China off of her. But when she opened her eyes, she paused when she came face to face with Hong Kong, smiling widely, his dark brown eyes sparkling playfully. "Good morning, sleepy-head! I was thinking we could go for a walk today. It would be nice to get some fresh air, aru. Well... the air is not really fresh, but you are getting the point." He shrugged as he practically pulled Samantha out of bed.

"Uhhh... Are you okay?" Sammi inquired, raising her eyebrow slightly.

Hong Kong tilted his head slightly. "What do you mean?"

"Oh... Nothing. You're just acting a lot happier than usual." She smiled. "It's nice though. I like it."

As she said this, China appeared in the doorway, his hands merged together under the sleeves of his mandarin jacket. "If we are going to the park, we should leave as soon as possible. It will only get hotter outside." He said in a rather monotone voice.

"He is right. Hurry and get dressed, Samantha, so we can go." Loung stated, before leaving the room and shutting the door behind him.

"... I am so confused right now." Sammi muttered. Suddenly her phone rang and she lifted it, seeing that it was a snapchat from Shelby.

Samantha, are China and HK okay?

She quickly snapped a picture of herself, typing:  They are acting sort of strange... Why?

As she waited for a reply she got out of her pajamas and slipped on a pair of shorts and a grey TMNT T-shirt. Usually she would wear a sweater or hoodie, but it was going to reach 30 degrees today, so wearing wearing a something thick would probably be a bad idea.

Once she was done, she looked at her phone and clicked on Shelby's reply.

Okay, this will take a bit to explain. America and Japan were the same way, and

Shelby's message was cut off since Snapchat only allowed so many characters on their snaps. "Samantha, what is taking so long?" China's voice called solemnly.

"Coming!" Samantha called, ignoring Shelby's incoming Snapchats and shoving her phone in her pocket, taking off to the living room where her two friends awaited her.

"I think we should get some ice cream! It will taste so good in the hot sun, aru!" Hong Kong suggested, opening the door for China and Sam. Again, at the sound of China's usual vocal tick coming from Loung's mouth, Samantha had to do a double take. She glanced at Yào to see if he was noticing the change as we , but he seemed completely indifference towards Hong Kong's new speech pattern. He glanced at Sam and when he saw her looking, he gave her the smallest of smiles as they walked out in the streets of the city.

They walked to the ice cream shop where they each got a treat as they made their way over to the Pat Sin Leng Nature Trail. The whole way there Samantha began to notice how different the two countries were acting. Not only were they acting differently... they seemed to be acting like each other. China kept his camera in hand and every few minutes or so, he would snap a picture of the city sights or Samantha and Hong Kong.

But Hong Kong was acting even scarier. He kept picking petty arguments with China but would often try and win the argument with his 'superior age'... Which made no sense, since China was the older one. And he was smiling. It wasn't that Sammi disliked Hong Kong's smile; actually, it warmed her heart quite a bit to see him happy and enjoying himself. But it was so unlike him, it was so abnormal, and it was so... sudden. It made her a bit uneasy.

Sammi's breaking point, however, was when they arrived at the nature trail and Hong Kong tried to hold her hand.

"Loung, what are you doing?" Samantha whispered, wriggling her hand out of his grip. "China will get upset."

"What? I am not Loung. I am China, aru." Hong Kong stated, lifting an eyebrow in confusion.

"No. You are Hong Kong." Samantha insisted.

"No, I am Hong Kong." China voiced from behind them.

"No, you are China!" Sammi explained.

"No, I am China! That is me!" Loung argued, "He is-" Hong Kong pointed aggressively at Yào, only to pause, "... China. Why are you China?"

China blinked. "Why are you Hong Kong? That's supposed to be me."

"Okay, I know how to find the real Loung." Sammi started, "Which one of you has a secret box of full of Samina pictures?"

Hong Kong-as-China frowned, "Why would you say that out loud? It was supposed to be our secret."

"WHAT?" China-as-Hong Kong stammered, his face flushing a deep rose color. "Hong Kong, that is not appropriate, aru!"

Sammi looked to the ground. "I thought it was cute." She muttered sadly.

"N-no! I did not mean it like that! I meant that is embarrassing because I didn't think anyone else noticed me and Sammi." Yào-as-Loung rambled.

Hong Kong-as-China shrugged. "I mean, everyone ships it. Samina is probably the most innocent of the ships, next to Jenexico, which makes it very cute. All of Samantha's friends ship it." He explained, before smiling slightly. "You need to catch up with the gossip, old man."

China-as-Hong Kong's face was now so red he probably could have passed for Romano. "SHUT IT, LOUNG!"