LVI. Magic Madness pt. 1

Cooper sat, staring out the window of his bedroom, his lips pursed in thought. He had no clue why, but his magic had a habit of going haywire. It caused a lot of trouble among his friends, which most had forgiven him for (save for Shelby, who was still holding a grudge from the time he had turned her into the actual personification Michigan). But because of these mistakes, Arthur told him he needed to practice more with his magic. Now, Cooper usually found himself agreeing with Arthur, but not on this. Cooper's magic was perfectly fine, and EVERYONE makes mistakes. The great England himself was responsible for the huge body swap that sent a solid 14 countries into confusion and irritation. But HE was a part of the Magic Trio, and New Zealand was still considered inexperienced.

The blonde's eye twitched slightly at the thought. He should prove his magic is precise enough. If he could replicate England's mistake, but instead keep the spell on it's intend targets, he could prove that he was just as good at spell-casting as his older brother.

But who would he use as a test dummy?

His lips pulled up slightly as he realized that the three perfect test subjects were traveling here at this very moment.

The switch should have been simple. England's mind would inhabit Norway's body. Norway's mind would inhabit Romania's body. Romania's mind would inhabit England's body. Simple, innocent, and could be reversed as soon as everyone was in the same room. He would prove himself for sure.

He went out into the living room, where England laid dead-asleep, face first in the cushion of his couch, which New Zealand found a little off putting. If Romania was on his way here, he should have been awake when their minds swapped... Right?

"Arthur." Cooper shook his shoulder gently. "You know you have guests arriving, right?"

He shuddered, before he shot up in alarm, his bright green eyes wide with an anxious fear. "Guests? I-I didn't invite anyone over! Oh my God, Cooper, you have to tell them to go away. I haven't mentally prepared myself for anyone to come here." The blonde exclaimed, tears threatening to spill over onto his pale cheeks as his voice mimicked what sounded like a shadow of an Australian accent.

Cooper's eyes widened. "Dreamz?"

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?" He demanded, before New Zealand turned the country's head slightly so it faced the TV, so he could see the reflection in the glass. Arthur's eyes widened, his mouth falling open as he stared. He lifted up his hand and waved at the reflection, before a devious smile broke out on his face. "I'm going to do so many things to this fucker's body."

"Dreamz, stop." New Zealand moved to try and stop the body-swapped individual from getting up and maiming his brother, when there was a knock on the door. Dreamz stopped in her tracks as Cooper nervously opened the door.

A male with strawberry blonde, choppy long hair stood on the porch. He wore a small little hat with ribbons on his head, and a red overcoat and pants. His eyes were a bright red, and his complexion was pale. His expression was slightly distressed, but upon seeing New Zealand, he flashed a fanged smile. "Oh, I recognize you. Your Cooper, right? New Zealand? Dreamz's friend? I mean, you have the cinnamon bun hair, so I'm assuming it's you."

"Uh, I'm sorry, who am I speaking to?" Cooper asked, his hands subconsciously going to the curls on the side of his head as Dreamz peeked over the back of the couch nervously.

The person speaking, who was supposed to be Romania, blinked, and upon spotting 'England' in the background, put her hands together and bowed. "I apologize, New Zealand. I am the Chinese province of Guangdong. It is an honor to meet you." He stated in a Chinese accent, similar to Hong Kong's.

Dreamz lifted a thick brow, "Sammi?" When the newcomer's eyes looked up at the name, Dreamz let out a sigh of relief. "Sammi, it's me, Dreamz. I'm just in Arthur's body. You can drop the province act, it's alright."

Reckoning Dreamz's dialect, despite the fact that she was speaking through England, Samantha relaxed. "Thank God. Today has been really weird. One minute, I'm brushing my teeth. The next minute, I'm in a car with a bunch of people I don't know speaking some freaky language. I tried speaking English, and when they started speaking English, I couldn't understand what they were saying, they all sounded like vampires. Not Twilight vampires though. It was really weird." She explained as Cooper let her walk in, biting his lip with anxiety.

"Probs because you got your body swapped with a vampire." Dreamz stated.

Samantha blinked in confusion, and New Zealand sighed. "Romania is not a vampire, but yes, Sammi, you are now in Romania's body, and he's probably in your's." Dreamz giggled at the wording, and Cooper shot her a warning look.

Sammi ran off to the bathroom, either to look in the mirror or throw up, and another knock sounded at the door. Cooper trudged over to the door, opening it to reveal a pale skin male with a neutral expression, bored violet eyes, and a blue outfit and hat, which hid blonde hair. Next to his head was a curl that floated completely separate from the rest of the hair.

At first, Cooper's heart fluttered with hope, seeing that Norway seemed to be acting normally, and hoped that maybe only England and Romania were affected, but when the Norge saw New Zealand, his lip curled up slightly, his eyes narrowing and his thin brows furrowing. "This is your house?"

"Wait, wait, lemme guess, Shelby, right?" Dreamz asked from her spot on the couch as Sammi returned from the bathroom, holding her forehead with a wary look on her face.

Norway lifted a brow, walking past Cooper and spotting Arthur. "Oh, hey. Walk in on anyone else with their shirt off lately?"

Dreamz's eyes widened, "What? No, Shelbs, it's me, Dreamz."

The blonde blinked, before looking over at Sammi, who waved and explained that she was Sam, not a vampire. Afterwards, Shelby's violet eyes hardened, locking on Cooper. "You..." The atmosphere around her became extremely cold, and behind her, a strange green mist began collecting, condensing slowly in a giant, monstrous figure behind her. "You're responsible for this. You did this. You're always the cause, aren't you?" She said through gritted teeth, the being behind her reaching out to Cooper.

His eyes widened, "Shelby, please, y-you are now in control of powerful magic. You have to remain calm."

The being turned red, his eyes glowing with malice as he grew larger with Shelby's rage. Her face twisted with anger, "Don't tell me what to-"

Suddenly, a flash of light exploded at Shelby's feet, and she collapsed, fast asleep as the being dispersed behind her. New Zealand, who had coward in fear from the body-switched Michigander, looked up surprise. Standing a few feet behind Shelby was a wide-eyed Samantha, her mouth gaped open. Her hands were opened wide in front of her, her arms stretched out slightly.

"Did... Did I do that?" She whispered, clenching her hands into fists.

"I think so, mate." Dreamz stated with a small smile.

"Sorry... I panicked." She whispered, flashing a nervous smile. "That floating thing was scaring me."

"That was a troll. Norway can summon several mythical creatures, which are mainly linked to emotion." New Zealand explained.

"No wonder he's always so emotionless." Dreamz commented.

"Yes, exactly. Samantha, Romania specialized more in charms and fortune-telling. Dreamz, England's strong points are spells and seeing a world in which other's cannot. Norway, along with summoning beings, also can concoct potions." New Zealand summarized quickly, bending down and gently lifting Shelby up, setting her on the couch. "We should assume that if you're in the Magic Trio's bodies, then they're in yours'. To be properly switched back, ithey'll have to be in the same room as you. We need to get them here quickly. The longer they're you guys, the more likely it is that they'll realize you're mortals. We'll have to-"

"Cooper." Samantha interrupted.

"Yes?"

"Dreamz left."

New Zealand's eyes snapped up, revealing the empty couch cushion Dreamz had been sitting on, as well as a wide open door.

"Why does this world hate me?" The blonde country muttered.