XCVII. Beilschmidt on Your Side [Hamilton Crossover]

CAST

AARON BURR - COOPER WRIGHT

THOMAS JEFFERSON - SPENCER FERRELL

JAMES MADISON - SAMUEL SEAL

ALEXANDER HAMILTON - DENNIS READER [Mentioned]

GEORGE WASHINGTON - LUDWIG BEILSCHMIDT [Mentioned]

"It must be nice, it must be nice... to have Beilschmidt on your side." Cooper Wright sang miserably as he stood in the empty cabinet meeting room. He thought he was alone. "It must be nice, it must be nice... to have Beilschmidt on your side."

"Every action has its equal opposite reaction." A new voice sounded, and Cooper looked up in surprise to see Spencer Ferrell leaning against the wall a few feet away, glaring at the ground. "Thanks to Reader, our cabinet's fractured into factions. Try not to crack under the stress we're breaking down like fractions. We smack each other in a press, and we don't print retractions." He glared at Wright, though the anger was directed at Reader, not the blonde.

"I get no satisfaction witnessing his fits of passion. The way he primps and preens and dresses like the pits of fashion." Spencer grimaced even just speaking about it all. "Our poorest citizens, our farmers, live ration to ration, as Wall Street robs 'em blind in search of chips to cash in." A fire seemed to spark under his blue eyes as he approached Wright. "This prick is asking for someone to bring him to task. Somebody gimme some dirt on this vacuous mass so we can at last unmask him! I'll pull the trigger on him, someone load the gun and cock it!" He sighed, leaning against the wall once more in defeat. "While we were all watching, he got Beilschmidt in his pocket."

"It must be nice, it must be nice... to have Beilschmidt on your side." Ferrell and Wright sang together. "It must be nice, it must be nice... to have Beilschmidt on your side. Look back at the Bill of Rights."

"Which I wrote!" Sam Seal stated from his corner of the room, scaring Cooper half-to-death.

"The ink hasn't dried." The three sang together. "It must be nice, it must be nice... to have Beilschmidt on your side."

Seal stroked his chin in thought. "So he's doubled the size of the government. Wasn't the trouble with much our previous government size?"

"Look in his eyes!" Wright exclaimed.

"See how he lies." Ferrell hissed.

"Follow the scent of his enterprise." Seal realized.

Ferrell recounted it. "Centralizing national credit and making American credit competitive."

"If we don't stop it, we aid and abet it." Seal pointed out.

Ferrell paled. "I'd have to resign."

Seal shook his head, placing a finger onto his partner's chest. "Somebody has to stand up for the South!"

"Somebody has to stand up to his mouth!" Wright added.

Ferrell frowned, "If there's a fire you're trying to douse,"

"You can't put it out from inside the house." He and Seal stayed together.

Ferrell's eyebrows furrowed in determination as he realized what must be done, "I'm in the cabinet. I am complicit in watching him grabbin' at power and kiss it. If Beilschmidt isn't gon' listen to disciplined dissidents, this is the difference: this kid is out!"

"Oh!" The three of them together, hooking arms with each other. "This immigrant isn't somebody we chose. Oh! This immigrant is keeping us all on our toes! Oh! Let's show these Federalists who they're up against! Oh! SOUTHERN-MOTHERFUCKING DEMOCRATIC-REPUBLICANS!"

"Oh!"

"Let's follow his money and see where it goes!"

"Oh!"

"Because every second the Treasury grows!"

"Oh!"

"If we follow the money and see where it leads, get in the weeds, look for the seeds of Reader's misdeeds...

"It must be nice, it must be nice..."

"Follow the money and see where it goes." Seal smiled.

"It must be nice, it must be nice..."

Spencer's face was once Against stretched into a grin. "The emperor has no clothes."

"We won't be invisible... we won't be denied- still. It must be nice, it must be nice... to have Beilschmidt on your side."